The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #1
statenine

1966 LS swap info

Hey all, I am looking to put a 5.3 LS in my '66 SWB, but not sure which tranny yet. Either the 4L60E or 6L80E (the latter is the same as my 2011 GMC Sierra). With either of these transmissions, will there be any clearance issues with a standard hump transmission tunnel on my '66 cab? I know when using the Porterbuilt dropmember kits, they raise the motor/tranny up so a high hump tunnel is required. However I will be using the stock crossmember with an LS motor mount kit, so not sure if that raises the motor/tranny any? Hopefully I won't need to install a high hump tunnel in order to do the swap.

Also, my truck is on airbags so it sits pretty low when aired out. With an LS in there, will the oil pan be the lowest part of the front end? Currently the lower control arms are the lowest point on my truck in the front. They touch the ground when aired out all the way. I am hoping that with an LS swap the LCA's will still be the lowest point.

Thanks in advance!
statenine is offline   Reply With Quote