The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2019, 11:50 PM   #1
siggyfreud

Project "Ghost of Poseidon" - 1972 C10 Pro-touring

Howdy, all!

It's been a while since I've been on the forum. For years I worked on my last project "Second Chance" which was a 66' GMC Long-fleet. Due to life, circumstance, and what was left in the project I ended up selling it. It went to a great home, a quadriplegic father and his son wanting to finish putting it together. I hope it's out there somewhere giving them lots of pleasure .

Now it's time to take up another project. Currently, I'm finishing a 1969 ElCamino for my father-in-law, so that's taking up precious garage space, so this project will be a slow going start.

The 1972 C10 came from someone who had done some custom bodywork on it, shortened the bed, widened the rear, tubbed it, etc. It seems to have been pretty well done, the body appears straight and seems to be minimal rust.

My plan for this is to build a menacing pro-touring truck that I can daily. I plan on going with a non-metallic grey paint akin to what Audi has and utilizing some carbon fiber parts, as well as some original parts painted to look a bit more modern. This may not be the build for everyone, and that's okay. There is enough out there for us all!

To start, I'm trying to make this a better driver.

In the short term I'll be:

1. Upgrading the headlights (ordered those today)
2. Upgrading the seat (thinking TMI buckets)
3. Upgrading the brakes (looking at 14" Z06 front, something matching in the rear, and a hydroboost unit).

From there I'll start looking into an LS swap with either a 4 or 6-speed auto.

Then suspension, new wheels, finish interior, and finally, paint!

Here is what I'm starting with.

Cheers all, and though it may not have mass appeal, I hope this project interests at least a few .

PS. Apologies as I didn't realize someone else had a Project Ghost going. I might think of another name and ping a mod to change the title .

Last edited by siggyfreud; 03-19-2019 at 12:16 AM.
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote