The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2018, 12:47 AM   #1
Terrick down Under

Replacing my stock TBI on 93 7.4

G'day everyone. I am looking at replacing the original TBI on my 93 7.4. Basically just a bit better than stock is what I am looking for.
What would you all recommend?
TIA.
Terrick down Under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #2
fredscarryall

Re: Replacing my stock TBI on 93 7.4

I recommend this guy off eBay.(tbiparts) He does a good job and is the most knowledgeble personal I have ever talked to about tbi. The two biggest things he does is make your fuel regulator adjustable and bores your tbi to 54mm and with new shaft bushings. The only thing you need to do is send him your tbi. They are getting expensive and hard to find. It takes 7 to 10 days turn around but it is so worth it. He charges $399. Give him a call and tell him your needs. He will also mention that you may need a chip (Harris performance tbichips.com)for your mods and a high flow fuel pump. I bought this pump on amazon it 340 LPH the only thing you have to do is make sure the inlet on the bottom of you Óld pump is offset. They do make 3 offset positions. You will need to buy some submercable gas line because the kit come with a tube for alchol unless you don’t damage your old tube. Also don’t be afraid to use the butt connector to connect the wire because you will need to shorten them or they will catch on the float. Unless you just want to keep your adjustable fuel regulator to stock specs. I hope this isn’t to much info but I am sure it can help some else who read this.
Attached Images

fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:56 PM   #3
Terrick down Under

Re: Replacing my stock TBI on 93 7.4

G'day fredscarryall, a BIG thankyou. I have spent hours on the net down here and only found gasket kits or full on racing equipment. The chips I did see but was wanting to know more about the TBI first. Again thanks so much.
Terrick down Under is offline   Reply With Quote