The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-18-2018, 10:05 AM   #26
pimpston65

Re: shipping a windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-66 View Post
Very sorry about your experience Lepimp, Was it this one in the below link ? If so , PPG wasn't making windshields for our trucks except for aftermarket replacements. Libbey-Owens-Ford Company (LOF) was the original supplier. Still , it looked like the older better USA made replacement. Not sure what it would cost to ship this way but theres an UBER transport company out there called "ROADIE" , its a person you hire to ship your items cross country, same setup as Uber or LYFT , track them on your phone app. I used this with a 6 foot tall 1930s Porcelain thermometer I recently bought. Arrived in perfect shape , was not packaged at all and the driver was one of the nicest guys you ever want to meet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Windshi...p2047675.l2557
yes the same item. wow uber ehh? thanks im gonna stop worring bout getting every NOS crumb i can find. im still gonna by on the hunt just with only one barrel cocked.
pimpston65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:11 AM   #27
pimpston65

Quote:
Very sorry about your experience Lepimp, Was it this one in the below link ? If so , PPG wasn't making windshields for our trucks except for aftermarket replacements. Libbey-Owens-Ford Company (LOF) was the original supplier. Still , it looked like the older better USA made replacement. Not sure what it would cost to ship this way but theres an UBER transport company out there called "ROADIE" , its a person you hire to ship your items cross country, same setup as Uber or LYFT , track them on your phone app. I used this with a 6 foot tall 1930s Porcelain thermometer I recently bought. Arrived in perfect shape , was not packaged at all and the driver was one of the nicest guys you ever want to meet.

when i looked at i knew i saw an lof on the first one i cracked on a pick, but on a recent pick i pulled a solex one out and by the gasket being so old i thought it was original. so when i saw this one i was all over it. i will again need to slow down and aim first. thank you for the knowledge oh Great One!!!
Old 04-18-2018, 10:29 AM   #28
Killer Bee

you got that for only $325?! boy, that really smarts..

blew a good windshield and a good deal all in one fell swoop
Old 04-18-2018, 10:40 AM   #29
pimpston65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
you got that for only $325?! boy, that really smarts..

blew a good windshield and a good deal all in one fell swoop
yeah i go big.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:42 AM   #30
pimpston65

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpston65 View Post
yeah i go big.
now im on the hunt for a tinted NOS LOF version with the sunshade at the top.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:32 AM   #31
oem4me

To the best of my knowledge, factory LOF tinted glass was all green like your broken one, with no sunshade strip at the top.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:36 PM   #32
60-66

Heres a place I used when I wanted a dated windshield for my 67 Convertible although this was 15 years ago. They take the best glass available and etch the LOF into it. They shipped it no problem. As for NOS glass , it will be in a GM box with a part number.
O. E. M. Glass, Inc.
1107 E. Cemetary Avenue.
Chenoa, IL 61726
(800) 283-2122
Local: (815) 945-3276
WANTED :1964-1966 PANEL TRUCK
60-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:15 PM   #33
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
Oooh heartbreak! Awesome job on finding it. Can I ask if you hunted for it, or did you get lucky and have it land in your lap? Somehow I know you are gonna beat me to a middle mat too.
P.S. just curious - does the busted glass have a date code?
hmmm, didn't know they had date codes..

Quote:

hmmm, also did not know they were originally LOF..

hopefully I'm not intruding but after learning this, had to go out back and see what was in my '65 C20.. and by golly, all six pieces are original! truck spent its whole hard working life on the farm until I brought it out here for clean up.. I can still remember my dad yelling at me when throwing firewood in the back 'watch that window boy' lol.. good advice Dad! heart warming to find out that everyone that ever drove dad's truck was looking through the same windows I'm looking through today

used this date code site, from my browsing, date codes are consistent across all models..

http://www.iegtoclub.com/Tech%20Lib/..._lof_codes.htm

all six windows are either Feb or Mar of '65

so on to the crappy pictures

windshield

rear

left door

right door

left wing

right wing
Old 04-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #34
pimpston65

Quote:
Heres a place I used when I wanted a dated windshield for my 67 Convertible although this was 15 years ago. They take the best glass available and etch the LOF into it. They shipped it no problem. As for NOS glass , it will be in a GM box with a part number.
O. E. M. Glass, Inc.
1107 E. Cemetary Avenue.
Chenoa, IL 61726
(800) 283-2122
Local: (815) 945-3276
wow they stole my idea, i had that idea last night. always late to the party i am!!!