The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #26
Ryan Duke

Re: Duke's 67 Build

I bought a 2010 1500 radiator and fans but they were way too big! So I went on rockauto and they have most of the sizes available, so I looked at 2010 vette and camaro radiators, the vette doesnt have a fill cap on the radiator but the camaro does. I then looked at the upper and lower radiator hoses and they are the same between the two so my hope is that first the radiator can be fabricated to be mounted with minimal cutting and second that the hoses fit with no trimming. Hopefully by the weekend I can get everything and some pics.

I have to order new weld on bungs for the o2 sensors on the manifold and sensor extensions because the headers are longer. Anyone know if a specific bolt screws into the old o2 sensor bungs to "cap" it off?
Ryan Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:08 AM   #27
Ryan Duke

Also a very big thanks to all your compliments!
Old 04-12-2017, 11:30 AM   #28
Smittee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Duke View Post
I bought a 2010 1500 radiator and fans but they were way too big! So I went on rockauto and they have most of the sizes available, so I looked at 2010 vette and camaro radiators, the vette doesnt have a fill cap on the radiator but the camaro does. I then looked at the upper and lower radiator hoses and they are the same between the two so my hope is that first the radiator can be fabricated to be mounted with minimal cutting and second that the hoses fit with no trimming. Hopefully by the weekend I can get everything and some pics.

I have to order new weld on bungs for the o2 sensors on the manifold and sensor extensions because the headers are longer. Anyone know if a specific bolt screws into the old o2 sensor bungs to "cap" it off?
I have to cap my O2 bung because I wanted to install it while getting things ready this go-round but knowing I am not putting the EFI in yet. I did some checking and my O2 bung was, I think, M18 threads. I was able to find an Oil pan drain plug that matches that. You may look into that; they seem to be similar no matter what size O2 bung thread you have. Cheap too.
Smittee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #29
Ryan Duke

Great idea, I just so happen to have some at work!
Old 04-28-2017, 01:05 AM   #30
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Ryan will have video of his truck up soon, I just have to finish it

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:55 PM   #31
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Shameless plug. An introduction look at Ryans swap from my visit up there.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #32
72 tigger

Nice truck,build & shop- thanks for sharing
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #33
Ryan Duke

I really like the video, that's way easier than posting the 60 pictures I haven't got around to posting and commenting on! Thanks again for helping with the wiring br3w city, hopefully when you come back out on Sunday we will hear her running.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:40 AM   #34
flashed

Great video ,love the truck .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:40 PM   #35
Ryan Duke

Well I got the ls3 fired up on Sunday!!! Lots to do yet, but now I have to catch up on some side work I have stacking up.. Huge thanks to br3w city and Dan for spending countless hours on helping me. You guys are awesome. In the meantime it sure is nice walking into a shop and turning the lights on to see this!
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2017, 07:03 AM   #36
flashed

You know we want to see more of the Bee and hear some about it ,very nice car .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #37
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Ryan had myself and my guy MidniteT/A (doesn't post here) up to his shop, and the three of us pulled a formidable marathon session on Ryans truck. Going with this particular combo of parts and a GenIV yields a share of growing pains for a first time ls-swapper, but despite that, Ryans work came together well. We had a few hiccups to overcome, but eventually we beer-n-pizza'd past most of them into success.

I have more video of Ryans truck coming to my channel in 4k, but for now, enjoy a quick grainy video of the startup....lets just call it a teaser. (click the image to play the video, let me know if it doesn't work and I'll change the host).

I will add: I still kinda want to punch Bill from BP in the dick for that wiring diagram.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:44 PM   #38
Ryan Duke

It was definitely a battle trying to figure out what wires I did or didn't not have hooked up, this is why you should save up and buy a harness or have a gen4 swapper assist in the wiring. All in all I had 4 wires not hooked up! Sounds minimal, but when you don't know what 4 wires out of like 150 you start to loose more hair. Also it helps to have the fuel pump hooked up the correct direction. To clarify bills wiring from bp had numerous typos and wrong wire colors and missing relays. We got we figured out... thanks again j
Old 06-11-2017, 06:44 PM   #39
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Ryan, this is you conscience speaking:
"Finish your damn truck"