The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-31-2017, 05:49 AM   #76
GR8-68

Re: my twin turbo sleeper nova

That is one sweet sleeper

It is easily overlooked that what is now called vintage was once brand new.

"Project 68"

paypal.me/ldgrant
GR8-68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:11 PM   #77
68 short step

ok updating this thread, now that p-bucket isn't holding my photos hostage anymore (yet)
where to begin???
I had the car running real good, it is crazy powerful/fast.... the 4l60 didn't last, I had it built 4 times, each time progressively getting beefer and beefer, but it still couldn't take the power....but when it was working, I was getting on the highway, and got on it, and went spinning across every lane, cars were dodging me, honking, narrowly missing me, etc.... until I finally went off the highway hitting a road sign, that went about 2million feet in the air, and coincidently landing back on my car after I skidded to a stop....
after that adventure, I contributed it to a few things, 1- being of coarse the power, 2- being I had 235/45/17 rear tires (it was super fun to be able to peel out going any speed), and 3- my front suspension (it was a scottshotrods front clip, but, I wasn't to impressed with that design.....
needless to say the car was trashed, and it being a 4 door, it was totaled for me.. so I went on the hunt for another 4 door....
in 2 months I found this gem, it was everything I was looking for (a stockish 4 door torques color car)
so I bought it, and began the transformation to the twin turbo nova 2.0
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:19 PM   #78
68 short step

1st thing I did was get new suspension front and rear, I went with a speedway front clip, their kit is based more off a GM corvette suspension, and not a mustang 2 design, their kit is also way beefer, and all round better.. awesome coil overs, splined sway-bar, their spindle (again, way beefer then the mustang 2 style), and 6 piston wildwood brakes...
for the rear I went with TCI 4 link, splined sway bar, fab9 rear end, and mini tubed to fit 315/35/17 tires...

Old 10-14-2018, 09:24 PM   #79
68 short step

more mock-up pics

Old 10-14-2018, 09:28 PM   #80
68 short step

with engine in, I could immediately see those style downbars would interfere with the turbos/piping.. so I took those off, got some chassis works ones, and got them installed....

Old 10-14-2018, 09:34 PM   #81
68 short step

once I got turbos fitting again, I moved on to installing the front core support, and mounting of the intercooler, for that I had to make a simple brace to mount the IC, and also a few mounting points for the core support itself.