The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #526
scotts62
One day...

Re: How about some pics of 73-91 crew cabs

Like totaled it out?

93 crew cab build
Project 62
Old 11-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #527
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts62 View Post
Like totaled it out?
No, they took it from a truck that I would have loved to have owned and turned it into something that is totally useless to me. It kind of turns my stomache sour.

I can understand slamming a half ton, In certian cases I have seen it where I liked it and it looked good. That being said, I hate it when they take a crew cab dually and need to lay it out on the frame to achieve a look, and in the process turn it into a total pain in the ass to drive.

It just bothers me. Because they are just damn good trucks, and properly setup they will work circles around the new offerings from detroit.

I love the square body duallys, I mean they are still seriously kicking ass, some almost 40 years old now.

I mean this truck as we first saw it.

Man that is what I call a truck, that is to a tee how I hope mine winds up looking, I think it is a very classy looking truck, it looks like a MAN's truck. To me I see a truck that looks like that, and I expect who ever is driving it to seriously have a clue what they are doing in life.

That is a truck that I expect to see hooked to a 40' gooseneck workin it hard yankin a load down the road, or to a custom hauler with a bad ass race car stuffed in the back.

It is a truck that to me is beautiful because it is functional, and man it is just clean and mean. Allthough I would rather have the 19.5's over the 22.5's wrapped in a Michelin XZA3 with the lettering painted white.

Now the truck as it is today.

I hate the color, I hate the flames, to me it looks gimicky, and it doesnt look like it is ready to go to work. Now I know there are people out there who do pull 5th wheels with thier slammed trucks, but for me the idea of having to run this truck from say Texas to Montana, even in the summer doesnt sound fun because I am going to be constantly worried about high centering it, I mean the truck just is not practical to me.

I do understand it takes a ton of work and fab skills to build one like that, but I feel like just because you can, doesnt mean you should. I would be much more impressed if some one took thier wicked fab skills, reinforced the frame, Built air ride that kept the truck up off the pavement, that also served to smooth out the ride and give it some wicked load handleing capabilites, and thus made it a truck that could grab on to about anything a gear head could want to haul and drag it coast to coast or anywhere in between comfortably and in stile!

Now on the flip side of that coin...

This truck also makes me crazy, I think doing this to a truck is a total waste of money, it is my feelings that the only reason some one does this to a truck is because they suffer from some serious insecurity issues and have something to prove to the world and there fore think if they build the tallest truck in town it will compensate for thier short comings.

This truck is absolutely useless, and not functional in the slightest, in fact, with its uber high roll center, the truck can flip right over with the greatest of ease. Call me crazy but having a truck that will roll over so you can scratch its belly aint cool.

Now do not think I am a purist either who shudders at the thought of modification or *gasps* a cut dash.

This truck here, I think it has class, I think it is beautiful, the paint scheme just works on it, and man I could just see myself driving it up in Montana with like 4 snowmobiles in tow and a cab full of friends heading out to West Yellowstone to go have some fun.

It is a great looking truck. The lift is appropriate, the wheels work well with it, and the tires are perportionate. The truck is a well rounded package and is quite frankly one id like to drive.

So, I'm gonna get off my soap box now, I just had to get that off my chest.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #528
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
No, they took it from a truck that I would have loved to have owned and turned it into something that is totally useless to me. It kind of turns my stomache sour.

I can understand slamming a half ton, In certian cases I have seen it where I liked it and it looked good. That being said, I hate it when they take a crew cab dually and need to lay it out on the frame to achieve a look, and in the process turn it into a total pain in the ass to drive.

It just bothers me. Because they are just damn good trucks, and properly setup they will work circles around the new offerings from detroit.

I love the square body duallys, I mean they are still seriously kicking ass, some almost 40 years old now.

I mean this truck as we first saw it.

Man that is what I call a truck, that is to a tee how I hope mine winds up looking, I think it is a very classy looking truck, it looks like a MAN's truck. To me I see a truck that looks like that, and I expect who ever is driving it to seriously have a clue what they are doing in life.

That is a truck that I expect to see hooked to a 40' gooseneck workin it hard yankin a load down the road, or to a custom hauler with a bad ass race car stuffed in the back.

It is a truck that to me is beautiful because it is functional, and man it is just clean and mean. Allthough I would rather have the 19.5's over the 22.5's wrapped in a Michelin XZA3 with the lettering painted white.

Now the truck as it is today.

I hate the color, I hate the flames, to me it looks gimicky, and it doesnt look like it is ready to go to work. Now I know there are people out there who do pull 5th wheels with thier slammed trucks, but for me the idea of having to run this truck from say Texas to Montana, even in the summer doesnt sound fun because I am going to be constantly worried about high centering it, I mean the truck just is not practical to me.

I do understand it takes a ton of work and fab skills to build one like that, but I feel like just because you can, doesnt mean you should. I would be much more impressed if some one took thier wicked fab skills, reinforced the frame, Built air ride that kept the truck up off the pavement, that also served to smooth out the ride and give it some wicked load handleing capabilites, and thus made it a truck that could grab on to about anything a gear head could want to haul and drag it coast to coast or anywhere in between comfortably and in stile!

Now on the flip side of that coin...

This truck also makes me crazy, I think doing this to a truck is a total waste of money, it is my feelings that the only reason some one does this to a truck is because they suffer from some serious insecurity issues and have something to prove to the world and there fore think if they build the tallest truck in town it will compensate for thier short comings.

This truck is absolutely useless, and not functional in the slightest, in fact, with its uber high roll center, the truck can flip right over with the greatest of ease. Call me crazy but having a truck that will roll over so you can scratch its belly aint cool.

Now do not think I am a purist either who shudders at the thought of modification or *gasps* a cut dash.

This truck here, I think it has class, I think it is beautiful, the paint scheme just works on it, and man I could just see myself driving it up in Montana with like 4 snowmobiles in tow and a cab full of friends heading out to West Yellowstone to go have some fun.

It is a great looking truck. The lift is appropriate, the wheels work well with it, and the tires are perportionate. The truck is a well rounded package and is quite frankly one id like to drive.

So, I'm gonna get off my soap box now, I just had to get that off my chest.
Unberliverbel that there are still some people left who has this kind veiw to this. thought was the only one left
creations like those aperently made by men with small wieners

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #529
scotts62
One day...

^^ yeah well i don't like some either but people do what they want to THEIR own rides and more than likely don't care what people/YOU think. And for any comments on them, if you have a bad one towards someones then its usually better to keep them to yourself, (especially the picking apart that just shows that you have some interest and are actually checking it out). You wouldn't like someone talking bad about something that you have worked hard to get where it was would you? Even if it wasn't "practical" as a work truck or something you wouldn't own??? Then go buy one and do what you would like to do to it, that seems to be what everyone else is doing...?

Looks like a couple boys need to go get themselves a Prius and tootle on down the road. Good day

Keep the pics coming along

93 crew cab build
Project 62

Last edited by scotts62; 11-21-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #530
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Quote:
^^ yeah well i don't like some either but people do what they want to THEIR own rides and more than likely don't care what people/YOU think. And for any comments on them, if you have a bad one towards someones then its usually better to keep them to yourself, (especially the picking apart that just shows that you have some interest and are actually checking it out).
Actually if you read back I took intrest in the truck when it was still black, and standing tall, and when I was told it might be for sale I took an intrest, I really don't think there is a problem with that, and I merly stated once I found out that I didnt like what the truck had turned into, and I stated why. All of which I thought were valid reasons too.

Quote:
You wouldn't like someone talking bad about something that you have worked hard to get where it was would you? Even if it wasn't "practical" as a work truck or something you wouldn't own???
Actually I welcome it when people criticize my work, it gives me the opportunity to improve upon it and make it better, if some one catches something I did wrong I appriciate it when they point it out because I can then learn from the process and become better at what I do.

Quote:
Then go buy one and do what you would like to do to it, that seems to be what everyone else is doing...?
You mean like my 85 Crew Cab Dually that is fixing to get a cummins stuffed in it that I already converted to a NV4500?

Quote:
Looks like a couple boys need to go get themselves a Prius and tootle on down the road. Good day
It really sounds to me like you have one of these: stuck up your tail pipe, Is the fact that I offered an oppinion that is different from your own worth so getting worked up over?
Old 11-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #531
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Guys, do this in PM. Dont get this thread closed. You both know it will too.

Miss having a truck
Old 11-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #532
pig rig

to each their own

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/ph...ped_detail.JPG
Old 11-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #533
scotts62
One day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdstreettito View Post
Here is one....
If i had this it would probably rain most of the time, my luck

Its pretty cool i like the theme.

93 crew cab build
Project 62
Old 11-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #534
csa daddy

here is a pic of my crewcab im building planning to lay rockers hopefully still got a long ways to go . planning to shorten frame next week so short bed will fit . but she wont be a show pony but a work truck to pull my other toys
Old 11-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #535
csa daddy

planning to install floor above the gooseneck hitch in the frame notch in order to have a normal floor in the bed

Old 11-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #536
scotts62
One day...

Cool csa daddy looks like a cool project, post up some pics when you do the frame shortening.

93 crew cab build
Project 62
Old 11-21-2009, 08:54 PM   #537
csa daddy

i will i try to take pics every time i do someting but sometimes just dont have batteries for camera
Old 11-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #538
ghettoluxury

1949 Five Window, 1973 Step Side, 2000 Z71
Old 11-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #539
Scootin 81 C20
3/4 Ton Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoluxury View Post

Ghetto, got anymore of this truck?

1989 Chevy Silverado K2500: All Stock (For Now), 350 TBI/700R4. DD/Light Duty Toy.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:46 PM   #540
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoluxury View Post

Man now that is a truck you would drive if you lived in College Station Texas, all it is missing is a "saw em off" bumper sticker

Last edited by MrBeast; 11-21-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #541
scotts62
One day...

Clean and simple, i like it

Has a sub front end, am i seeing that right?

93 crew cab build
Project 62

Last edited by scotts62; 11-21-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #542
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Quote:

Clean and simple, i like it

Has a sub front end, am i seeing that right?
88-91 many of the crew cabs came with the sub front end from the factory, they continued to make the crew cab square body until 91.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:57 PM   #543
scotts62
One day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
88-91 many of the crew cabs came with the sub front end from the factory, they continued to make the crew cab square body until 91.
Thats cool, good info i didnt know

93 crew cab build
Project 62
Old 11-21-2009, 11:53 PM   #544
joe231

I'm guessing this one is bagged, and that isn't ride height???

BTW I love this truck, it would still be plenty capable to "Do Work" with a nice air ride system

Last edited by joe231; 11-21-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #545
nekkidhillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootin 81 C20 View Post
Ghetto, got anymore of this truck?
its on ebay
1984 k20
Old 11-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #546
scotts62
One day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
its on ebay
Link??

93 crew cab build
Project 62
Old 11-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #547
pig rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe231 View Post

I'm guessing this one is bagged, and that isn't ride height???

BTW I love this truck, it would still be plenty capable to "Do Work" with a nice air ride system
yep its bagged and I seen it tow a 40' gooseneck from arkasas to california and back LOADED

last time I talked with him he just got a cummins to put in it

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/ph...ped_detail.JPG
Old 11-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #548
ghettoluxury

1949 Five Window, 1973 Step Side, 2000 Z71
Old 11-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #549
scotts62
One day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig rig View Post
yep its bagged and I seen it tow a 40' gooseneck from arkasas to california and back LOADED

last time I talked with him he just got a cummins to put in it
Thats awesome!

93 crew cab build
Project 62
Old 11-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #550
nekkidhillbilly

Quote:
Link??
done ended
1984 k20