The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-12-2019, 07:29 PM   #1
special-K
Special Order

The Neighbors...

Here's the deal. We're going to talk about the neighbors here. Your neighbors and mine. Not gossip, mind you. Just want to hear the dirt on the neighbors, that's all. I mean, if you have some fantastic neighbor that couldn't be better, I think we'd like to hear about that too. But past or present, it's not unusual for someone to have an interesting tidbit about WHAT A JERK the neighbor is, or the weirdo, or... well alright I guess, the really cool neighbor.

Oh shoot, does that mean I have to start? Actually, no. This is my thread, I have already told some stories, and it's only because another member (hey Larry) suggested a bad neighbor thread might not be a bad idea for winter when he read a tale of mine that I'm doing this. Don't look at me, it wasn't my idea!

Oh, and can we try to keep a humorous note to the posts, please? Whine festival season is over for the season. It's DST and time to make something out of it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:12 PM   #2
100%Chevy

Re: The Neighbors...

I have lived over 30 years at the same address.
Not enough paper and ink to write it all here!
I might say something later though!
Mike.
100%Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:00 PM   #3
flashed

I have great neighbors here , they never complain about all the trucks I drag in , they actually enjoy seeing them all lined up here at The Truck Farm when they can actually see them . My neighbors like to shoot guns a lot and I let them use the back 40 for a private range .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:03 PM   #4
CG
BlahBlahBlah

In the homes Ive lived in there has never been a bad neighbor. Before living in actual houses though there were a few apartments. Sometimes you gotta wonder what the heck that sound is.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:18 PM   #5
davischevy

I sold 10 acres off the west side of my place to a young banker. I've known him since he was a kid.

He is the best neighbor I could ask for. He contacts me any time he wants to do something that involves our common property line.

That is my good neighbor story. I will tell about the a-holes later.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:32 PM   #6
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I moved to my current home a little over 17 years ago. Where we used to live, we had that crazy neighbor, in the house next to us. Stories. I'll post them in this thread periodically, but here's one. In '91, when the investigators came around to do a background check on me (security clearance- I worked in military satellite communications for over 27 years) the neighbors put cedar pickets up on the block wall to obscure their yard. I didn't care that it didn't meet code- you need a variance to make a fence over 5' tall (and didn't know why they did that, at the time). The '94 Northridge earthquake, we lost 110 feet of block wall, 62 feet of it along the side they were on. When replacement time came, I was all for using chain link, because I wasn't about to foot (even half of) the bill at $50 a foot for earthquake-approved block wall. So, we got an 8 foot tall cedar picket fence. Why did they want the tall pickets, and previously put the first set of pickets on the old wall? Because they run around their back yard naked, the whole family, and it would have been possible for us to see them from the master bedroom window going to their hot tub and pool, since we were at a slightly higher elevation! Didn't know, didn't care. A guy, two sons and a brood sow of a wife, none of which I had any interest in looking at.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:38 PM   #7
davischevy

"Brood sow"

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:12 PM   #8
truckster

I have great neighbors. Next door on one side I have a family that my family and I have become good friends with. Across the street is a retired university professor; she and I have had many wonderful discussions. And on the other side of me is my oldest daughter. I couldn't ask for better neighbors.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:13 PM   #9
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: The Neighbors...

I have lived in our main house since 1984. I have great neighbors around me except one and he has been gone for about 5 years now. So they are all great neighbors.

His wife came over not long after his passing and apologized for how he had acted. I told her it was OK. She is one of the better neighbors we have now. Although we seldom even talk with any of them. We just wave and mind our own business.

Our neighbors at the beach are another story!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:19 PM   #10
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I've got a "mixed" story. I have a neighbor across the back fence. For the first twelve years I lived here, he didn't speak to me. He would ***** to my wife or S-I-L who was living here at the time. I would say hi or whatever and he just kind of ignored me, until I saw his grandson shooting a pellet rifle in his yard. Even that I didn't mind, but when I found a squirrel with a pellet thru his head on my side of the fence... I called over to him that if I saw someone shooting towards my house, he better hope I shot back with something that made noise. When he claimed no one was shooting towards my house. I raised the Squirrell up and said, they don't fall this way unless you're shooting toward me. About 4-5 years ago, he was having some tree work done, he called my wife (remember he still don't talk to me) and mentioned how while they were working and doing cleanup they might need to access my yard. They worked it out between them and the tree guy and got our trees done at the same time (decent discount). During the tree work I just walked over and started talking to him. He's become an almost halfway decent guy since then, but I did have to force it.

The rest of the neighbors in my cul-de-sac are great. One of them is reclusive. three are pretty friendly and the other one has a schedule I worked in my teens, he works about 14 hours a day so we don't see him often but he is friendly (I have to say that since I always go to their Christmas party).
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:09 PM   #11
72 tigger

My neighbors are all pretty good. Some of you guys talking about fences made me think of a fence l saw on Facebook that seems pretty creative
Attached Images

Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:47 PM   #12
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
I've got a "mixed" story. I have a neighbor across the back fence. For the first twelve years I lived here, he didn't speak to me. He would ***** to my wife or S-I-L who was living here at the time. I would say hi or whatever and he just kind of ignored me, until I saw his grandson shooting a pellet rifle in his yard. Even that I didn't mind, but when I found a squirrel with a pellet thru his head on my side of the fence... I called over to him that if I saw someone shooting towards my house, he better hope I shot back with something that made noise. When he claimed no one was shooting towards my house. I raised the Squirrell up and said, they don't fall this way unless you're shooting toward me. About 4-5 years ago, he was having some tree work done, he called my wife (remember he still don't talk to me) and mentioned how while they were working and doing cleanup they might need to access my yard. They worked it out between them and the tree guy and got our trees done at the same time (decent discount). During the tree work I just walked over and started talking to him. He's become an almost halfway decent guy since then, but I did have to force it.

The rest of the neighbors in my cul-de-sac are great. One of them is reclusive. three are pretty friendly and the other one has a schedule I worked in my teens, he works about 14 hours a day so we don't see him often but he is friendly (I have to say that since I always go to their Christmas party).
Some kind of candy-a$$ that can't talk man to man, and has to talk to your wife? First time he comes *****ing about something to my wife, he's going to wish he talked to me first! I'm at least nice the first time.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:06 AM   #13
dieseldawg142

lived in our current house since '95, had good neighbors for about 20 yrs, last few yrs- not the greatest.
had a retired machinist living across the street who could make anything out of nothing, another guy who brewed his own wine-had a garage full of it, buddy beside me was head painter at a body shop, had a "playboy" model on the other side of me once...which was pretty nice...

now we got "psycho lady" on one side, and just recently "mother of the yr" on the other side.
psycho lady changes boyfriends faster than i change my underwear, but we call her psycho cause one winter i can hear a small kid crying, i go outside and look around the hedge, and psycho has locked her 4 yr old boy outside in just his underwear- with about 6" of snow on the ground and around 25 degrees out, he's turning blue and bawling.
i won't say what transpired next, but she had locked him out because (get this...) he had'nt folded his clothes properly and put them in the right spot...like what 4 yr old does laundry???
after threatning to call child services if it happened again, she threatened to sue me for tresspassing up her driveway...(she's a lawyer daggummit)

and mother of the year, my 15 yr old son gave her her name...who-hoo, what a prize catch she'd make for some sweaty trucker some day...can't talk in a normal tone, always yelling around 110 decibels, and extremley colorful language.
sad part is she has 2 beautiful little girls, but she can't talk to them. it's always come here you eff**g little bast**ds, or shut the hell up, or gonna slap you silly stupid or....
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:30 AM   #14
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Oh my. I could tell a few stories. Quite a few, probably. I've tried to forget that old bat and I've been mostly successful. I'll have to consult with wifey this weekend and get her help remembering before I start. I'll have to check with my daughter too, she witnessed a good one.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:43 AM   #15
Warrens69GMC

The neighbors on the left scream at their children. The children are 30+
Both the Son and Daughter have been both in prison.

The neighbor across the street is loud and obnoxious and a track coach at the local HS.

Neither bother me unless i'm home or its an emergency. If i'm out working on the cars, its ok. They were going to come in the gate one time, but the dogs met them at the gate. No one comes in the gate without me.
Warrens69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:45 AM   #16
RustyPile

Well I can't contribute much in the way of good or bad neighbors.. You see, I live in a very remote area on a dead end road, 2 1/2 miles long and only eight residents live here. Everybody owns acreage ranging from a 400 acre cattle ranche - to my ten acre compound...I can't see any of my neighbors, nor here what they're doing.. Deer come and feed in my yard almost daily, but most people stay away...
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:17 AM   #17
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

When I lived on a small cul de sac in So. Cal. I had one of the best neighbors ever. And two that weren't so great.
The guy on the right of my house. Never said one single word to me the entire time I lived there, which was odd since he was a car guy. He even had a Corvette just like mine. When he split up with his wife.(He threw everything she had on to the front lawn)
When she came over to get her things. She made it a point to talk to me where he could see. I had never talked to her before and he didn't look happy that she was over talking to me.I got the impression that she wasn't allowed to speak to me and she was sticking it to him. I don't know what the guy had against me. I kept my place up and was pretty quiet.

The guy on the left would never shut up. Mr. Know it all. Not really a bad guy, just irritating. I'd look out my window to see if he was outside before I got my mail so I wouldn't get stuck talking (listening) to him. My other neighbor (the cool one) went fishing with him and said that they were ready to throw him out of the boat. I asked him. Why did you go fishing with him? He told me that he didn't ask him to go. He just mooched his way in and was bugging everyone the whole time.

My current neighbor is a pain. She's very nice..But she's a pain. I try to be nice since she's a recent widow. But I think her husband (who was a real cool guy) I think he kind of kept her in check. Now she shows up drunk. She's walked into my house without knocking. I've found her just standing in my garage. She scared the sh** out of my wife when my wife went to go in the garage. Opened the door and there she was just standing on the other side of the door. I know she's lonely. But it's creepy.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:22 PM   #18
1976gmc20

Since you asked … where to start???? How about the most recent first:

About ten years ago, a couple good old boys from Georgia bought the undeveloped quarter section across the crick from us (one common corner). Or I guess one of them bought that place and the other bought a place in town. Seemed like nice guys.

The one started living up there in a cabover camper. He apparently got hooked on painkillers and became grouchy. He would get a bunch of dogs and let them run loose all the time including days/weeks when I guess he would go stay in town with his brother & SIL. The dogs killed another neighbors' sheep and started running our horses through fences, so I ended up shooting one of the dogs and two others went to the shelter in town where they had to be destroyed because of their aggressive behavior.

The above was all six plus years ago and we never even talked to the guy again until a couple months ago I was riding my horse and going through the stretch gate at the cattle guard about a mile up the road. At that moment he drives up and stops on the other side while I was standing there in the ditch holding my horse by the reins. I waved my arm for him to go on by (at the time it seemed like he was just being careful that we didn't step out in the road in front of him).

So then he pulls up across the cattle guard and asks me what "I wanted" ? I tell him that I just wanted him to go on by, and then he suddenly starts cursing at me and telling me that it's a public road and he can park in the middle of it as long as he wants. WTH???? Then he starts going off about me killing his dog (six years ago, remember - and hasn't spoken to me since some time before that). Then he unbuckles his seat belt and acts like he is going to jump out of the pickup. Then he outright threatens to kill me!

All this time I'm standing there with my Blackhawk snapped down in its holster. After he says he's going to kill me, I said "that's been duly noted" and I got back on my horse. He eventually drives off and when I get back to the house I called the sheriffs office. A deputy rushes out there about five hours later, but all he does is "talk" to the bastard. Supposedly "my word against his" but the damn deputy can't be bothered to go talk to all the other neighbors who know me (retired volunteer firefighter and still VFD Treasurer/reserve) and this old guy who has been a problem for years with his loose dogs and other weird stuff.

So now we are left with this old addict living in a shed across the crick who may do who knows what at any moment!
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:24 PM   #19
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

I live on a nice quiet cul-de-sac since 2006. The house next to me is a rental. For the most part the rental was kept up nice and renters were professionals.

3 years ago a family moves in with husband, wife, 3 kids and 2 dogs. Lots of yelling between husband/wife and wife/kids. several months later the husband leaves. The yelling at the kids continued well into the summer to the point I didn't feel comfortable opening my windows.

Fall of that year they are moving out with some of the stuff they moved in with while the rest of it was all over the yard. Soon the City Inspector puts an bright orange sticker on the front door saying the house is condemned. About a month later a restoration company begins gutting the house. I guess there was human and pet feces all over the floors and walls. It took 3 months for the house to get repaired.

The new renter is nice and quiet.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #20
A1971Blazer

The only house close to me was all but abandoned for about 15 years...

Finally talked the owner into selling it to a close friend of mine that I have known since Jr High and is also one of my main customers.

He bought it for a song and completely remodeled it inside and out...

He is into cars and I've been helping him build a 40 x 60 garage for his street rods and upholstery shop.

Never have I had a better neighbor...I trust him like a brother...
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #21
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

I live in a Cul-De-Sac- and recomend it as the best place to own rather than the streets with both ends open.. not as much traffic ..

I have eight neighbors and 7 of them are good people and a pleasure to talk to ...ask a favor of and very trustful...

the 8th one just moved in and is a retired Professor ,,so not sure about him yet,, I am not much for talking with a lot big words,,We'll See,could be a down to earth guy..The one guy I stayed away from was a devout religious person and was after me to come to his church every conversation it seemed ,,He moved .. for me the one that is the most entertaining to listen to,,is Herb ,,he is 88 years old and he was on the Assembly line at Ford Motor Company back in NJ ,,lots of cooool stories

The on odd ball in our Cul-de-sac is probably me
Old 11-13-2019, 03:18 PM   #22
Big Kev-O

Bought my 68 GMC about one year after i moved into my house back in 2010. I specifically purchased my house because it has an extra driveway for RV access. About two weeks after I purchased the truck the factory harness melted down. I parked the care in my RV access driveway and tore out all the wiring. While leaning across my drivers seat I hear my cross street neighbor (40 year living @ Moms) tell his brother he will bet him $20 bucks that $#itty truck never moves again. I quickly sat up and gave him a FU smile. Two days later I received a notice from the city "They had received and confirmed a complaint of illegally parked vehicle" and will be fined if truck is not moved. It appears I cannot park in my RV access and I assume mamas boy complained. Well I pushed the truck onto the street and right in front of their house. Not the result he was expecting.

After about a week of musical chairs pushing around the C20 I finally finished the wiring. Called the wife to man the fire extinguisher upon initial start up. Truck fired right up with dude watching. My wife told him looks like you owe somebody $20.

Now for the good side, i have a Latino family living next door who are the best. Doorbell rings, little old lady brought over a plate of tacos! I had a huge new years party, woke up starving, ding-dong, neighbor lady with a entire dish of enchiladas "Feliz año nuevo"
I cant tell you how many time I forget to take out my trash cans, turn around to go put them out, she took them out for me. I love my neighbors on one side!
Old 11-13-2019, 11:17 PM   #23
davischevy

I live in the city limits, but my back yard fence is the city limits. The land I own west of me is outside the city.

My brother lives on one side and the old guy on the other side is a good guy that has developed medical problems lately. I don't see him much.

A retired banker and his wife live north of my land behind me. Great neighbors. The wife maintains their land, bush hogging, chainsaw and all.

The people in the two houses across the street will not speak or even acknowledge anyone is around. They don't bother any body except the one guy blows his leaves into the street.

One guy two doors down was dumping his leaves and yard clippings over the fence on me. I caught my wife gone one Sunday morning, and went down and set the whole mess on fire. The neighbor got all excited and wanted me to put it out. I told him not to worry about it and if he didn't want me burning it don't throw it over the fence.

I have more for another time.

Old 11-14-2019, 12:42 AM   #24
joedoh

i started building my 65 in 2007, we had put concrete next to the house and a 6ft tall x 9ft wide gate to hide it, but EVERY TIME the gate was open or I had the truck pushed out even for a minute, the city inspector would visit. across the street was a hoarder house from a gal who went to college for computer science and graduated with a degree in meth, next door to her was the nicest older couple, he would come over and tinker with me and I helped her move in so she was happy as could be. on the other side the guy grew mary j in a small plot so he wasnt calling the city. on the left of our place was a single mom that is still one our best friends, on the right a divorcee with 3 high spirited boys who were great for snowball fighting and teaching my daughters to swear. we would take them pizzas when we had extras. I just could not figure out who was calling the city, no one else had a view of the place.

until one day I was home for lunch, I was lucky enough to get a job no kidding 1/4 mile away, so I walked home and there was no evidence someone was there, no cars in my driveway that is. I had moved the truck to a shop the day before, I figured on a visit from the inspector. as luck would have it, I was on the back porch when he poked his head over the divorcees fence and told her, standing next to him, "well its not there any more". I spoke up and told him next time he stuck any part of himself over my privacy fence he should be prepared to lose it. he was in the wrong and he knew it, he left without incident.

turns out, the divorcee was sore because, after her boys had knocked over the fence between our yards and she admitted to not having any money to fix it, I replaced it at my cost and even put the "good" side (without the posts and rails) to her property, and repaired the part next to her house. she smiled sweetly but was shamed by it, and took revenge by calling the city on anything I did. never had been anything but nice to her, and she had stabbed me right in the back. lesson learned, never give anything but a curt smile to bitter women.

we moved in 2010 30 blocks north and my neighbors are the best people on earth, I have a retired engineer next door who is always poking around my garage to see what I am screwing around with, and I spend a lot of time in his backyard as well. the guy across the street is a paint and body guy, and on the other side are the nicest folks who think its great how much we have refurbished the old property. I mow their ditch because I saw them doing it with a weedeater, and I think I could sit on their back porch with iced tea any time I want.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:26 AM   #25
ApacheNick

Most of my neighbors are good hard working people that mind their own business. The two exceptions are

1) The guy to the north of me. He's one of those guys that's not happy unless he's mad about something. We've just agreed to leave each other alone.

2) The BIG problem in the hood. The shack to the east of me is nothing but a bunch of drug dealing, thieving crack heads and I'm pretty sure they cook meth in the decaying RV in their back yard. Worse than the two toothless crackheads that run the joint is all the lowlife trash they attract. It's gotten to the point that I don't go in my front yard without steeltows anymore because of the dirty needles...

1961 Apache short stepside 4X4 SBW 348/4 speed
1960 Apache C-20 long fleet custom cab BBW 283/4 Speed
1967 rust bucket Olds Cutlass with a 455
1972 GMC K-15 350/4 speed long fleet
ApacheNick is offline   Reply With Quote