The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #1
dracko

Thumbs up Bad deal with 62bigwindow

I hate to do something like this, because I've made over 200 positive transactions on eBay with 100% feedback and probably more on craigslist over the years, but I feel like I got burned on a simple transaction with 62bigwindow.

November 6, 2013 I sent him $300 for a 6 lug disc brake kit because, for some reason, I figured saving $50 would be worth the hassle. Big mistake. About a month later a torn box of loose parts shows up. Okay, it has most of the calipers/bearings/seals.

Apparently box #2 opened up during shipping and the rotors fell out and were now property of the USPS. Great!

I know USPS can be brutal handling packages but I've sent some large awkward crap and always secured it so it didn't spill out onto the floor.

I've also refunded in full for any items I sell that never show up. THats how it works, you refund the buyer and then file a claim with USPS or Canada Post and they refund you for your lost item. Thats why there is postal insurance available (for extremely cheap).

Since the disappearing rotors I've been trying to negotiate some kind of refund, since I had nothing to do with the packaging, but just keep hearing he'll send me some money when he gets it....well its been a year of him selling parts on this site and we're not talking about a fortune here.

Now getting zero communication.

I bought another set of rotors from Summit for $130, so even half that would be great.

Last edited by ETsC10; 12-01-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #2
chewychevy67

Re: Bad deal with 62bigwindow

Nothing makes me more upset than an item that I receive that is not packaged properly even if it is not damaged. especially items that are rare and expensive. Insurance is a huge hassle most times and they most always claim that the item was not packaged properly anyway. it needs to be bomb proof before you can make a claim almost. good luck to you.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
dracko

Sorry can mods please remove this thread. 62bigwindow had sent out a money order I hadn't received yet and resolved this issue entirely. Thank you
Old 01-04-2015, 09:59 PM   #4
62 bigwindow

VERY sorry about all the confusion and delay
But glad we were able to resolve this...
Closed Thread