The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #1
69-72

Inline tube rear brake lines

I’m trying to resolve the last piece of the disaster that is ordering parts from inline tube. Nearly every item on my $1000 order with them was somehow screwed up but that’s another story.

The rear brake lines on my 72 2wd Jimmy, the passenger side fits fine but the drivers side is bent wrong and too long near the end. Of course they are a nightmare in trying to fix this with. They want a original pattern which I don’t have. Has anyone got the correct rear Lines from them for this configuration and if so what application was it for?
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

69-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:22 PM   #2
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Inline tube rear brake lines

That's odd... I have ordered a lot from Inline Tube over the last 10 years and everything has been top notch. Some lines had to be tweaked or bent a little bit to fit correctly, but that's to be expected from an aftermarket parts supplier.

I even switched over from a leaf sprung 1972 frame to a coil sprung 1969 frame and the rear brake lines were a tad longer because the 1972 axles are a bit longer, but I was able to bend them slightly to make them fit.

Look at the pic of the rear diff in this post and you'll see how I bent them to line up.
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...&postcount=125

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 04:34 PM   #3
StingRay

In my mind with the one side fitting correctly what kind of tee block would the other side ever line up with? I think they just screwed up.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:41 PM   #4
69-72

I would just bend it like I have done to almost every other line I’ve got from them that was wrong but this one is too long. I suggested that I could measure from the bend on the right to where the flare should be and get them to make a line but apparently that’s an unreasonable request.

It has cost me so much money getting them to fix their mistakes it’s ridiculous. The intermediate e brake cable they have listed for my application is 4” off from what it should be, I gave them the correct measurements right out of the GM parts book and they charged me $28 to send the correct length

1972 Chevy Blazer CST 4x4 Almost Rust free survivor

1972 GMC Jimmy 2wd Undergoing surgery
Old 05-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
B. W.

If it makes you feel better, I had the same issues with them on my GMC Dana 60 rear. (about three years ago?) I lost faith in their ability (or care) to make the correct lines. I just bent my own.

Their lines are nicely made - be nicer if they fit!
B. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #6
69-72

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
If it makes you feel better, I had the same issues with them on my GMC Dana 60 rear. (about three years ago?) I lost faith in their ability (or care) to make the correct lines. I just bent my own.

Their lines are nicely made - be nicer if they fit!
If the lines weren’t stainless I would just fix it or make my own but they must have some pretty heavy duty equipment to do the flares, I tried to do a simple bubble flare on another piece they screwed up and I couldn’t budge the material.

1972 Chevy Blazer CST 4x4 Almost Rust free survivor

1972 GMC Jimmy 2wd Undergoing surgery
Old 05-11-2019, 11:33 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

I find this very odd as well because I've been dealing with Inline Tube since forever and everything, including Dana60 rear brake lines, lined right up and threaded right in as easy if not easier than an original line on a wheel cylinder r&r. I don't know how you managed to get so many bad pieces, but they must have screwed up more than once on you. Good luck with getting it straightened out.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote