The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
racer6

question about a '54......

i found a '54 chevy trk, 3600 series, with no bed on it, original 6 (250 cid i'm assuming), factory 3 spd in floor, has battery under pass. floorboard, been sitting for 20 yrs, but moved around so no trees growing in it......this trk shows 20,000 miles on odometer........and the originalowner is long gone so there is no title to it....whats it worth? anyway, thanks for reading and maybe i can hear from ya...............jim
Old 07-19-2005, 11:25 PM   #2
TooMany2count
Who's in CHARGE??????????

how much is it worth, that all depends on what the seller thinks its worth & what the buyer is willing to pay. there is NO easy answer to that. it just depends on the shape the cab, floors & front sheet metal is in. if its full of holes i wont pay much more then a few hundred $$$$$ & thats only if its worth saving. if its cleannnn then it could be worth a few thousand. as for a title se if anyone is alive who had something to do w/the owner. if there's a plate or paper work in it that will help u in the quest for a title. &&&&&& if all else fails ask ur local DMV for help w/getting a title. most states will make u put up a bond on the truck (a percentage of what its worth) i'd tell them ya got it CHEAP...

Read this page <~~~ it may help w/ideas on how to get or find the title...joe
Donate Blood,Plasma,Platelets & sign your DONORS CARD & SAVE a LIFE
TooMany2count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:46 AM   #3
racer6

the truck needs front glass, back glass, drivers door glass, i think the body is in decent shape, all int. is there, i can get this for cheap $, it just has to be hualed outa the weeds and then more can be seen.........thanks for the input..........i've been on this site before, mostly hanging out in the 67-72 forums as i got a 67 lwb we been playing with........thanks again, i'll check out the sites...............jim