The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-27-2018, 08:35 AM   #1
Mathewsky

Turning radius

Hi everybody,
I would like to buy a 1977 C20 long bed. The reason I'm here is concerning the turning radius of this model, I would like to park this vehicle on my own garden, I attached a picture to show you the size of my street and my gate width is about 4,50m. Do you think it is enough?
Thanks and regards
Attached Images

Mathewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:17 AM   #2
Sabaka454

Re: Turning radius

If it's wide enough, drive past and reverse in. It would be easier to try and see then to guess based on a picture.
Sabaka454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:44 AM   #3
Dead Parrot

These are not the most nimble of vehicles. If you can test drive one, replicate your driveway/gate/garden setup in a open area using tape/boxes/cones/etc. See if you can make it happen. Don't use where the tires are, you have to judge using the ends of the bumpers during the turns and the mirrors during the pull ins and outs. A group of family/friends useful here.

Make sure you allow for where the gate will wind up when open.

If it passes the simulation, then try it for real before you buy in case your simulation missed something.
Dead Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:52 AM   #4
Mathewsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaka454 View Post
If it's wide enough, drive past and reverse in. It would be easier to try and see then to guess based on a picture.
Hello sabaka454,
I'm not sure to understand what you say, maybe I can make a video of the area to show you the place, I'm not at home but I can send you a video next week on whatsapp if you are ok to give me your phone in private message.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:59 AM   #5
Mathewsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Parrot View Post
These are not the most nimble of vehicles. If you can test drive one, replicate your driveway/gate/garden setup in a open area using tape/boxes/cones/etc. See if you can make it happen. Don't use where the tires are, you have to judge using the ends of the bumpers during the turns and the mirrors during the pull ins and outs. A group of family/friends useful here.

Make sure you allow for where the gate will wind up when open.

If it passes the simulation, then try it for real before you buy in case your simulation missed something.
Thanks for the reply,
These C20 are very rare in France, so unfortunatly I can't do a simulation. My small Bronco II makes it in only one time but it is not the same wheelbase width and lenght lol