The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #951
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

The clock that does not stop! #lonestarthrowdown The pain is real!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:35 AM   #952
SCOTI

I didn't enter the show but will be driving there & attending as a spectator.
What is your trip plan?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #953
75Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I didn't enter the show but will be driving there & attending as a spectator.
What is your trip plan?
We will be there on Friday for setup. We might go earlier than that but we shall see...

See you there!
Old 02-17-2018, 12:43 AM   #954
75Dually

Have I mentioned that there is this time crunch for this upcoming show... Just saying...

The seats are finally in!!! Don't hate me because I left a small portion of the passenger side frame unpainted. Look I ran out of black paint late last night, and no I was not going to go to Walmart at 11:30 at night. So just get over it already! I mean it is under the seat for crying out loud! LOL!

Sorry the time pressure might be getting to me! NAH! I'm used to this stuff.

Seriously I can't wait to show you guys the new center console. It is going to really set off the interior.

Stay tuned!

6 Days 9 Hours 16 Minutes, again who's counting...
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2018, 11:20 AM   #955
Advanced Design

Just went through your build thread and wow, what a great build! Awesome fab skills, creative solutions, having fun with the hobby and a great sense of humor mixed in made for a great read. Tagging along for the rest.

We love our 88 we bought from the original owner.
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:45 PM   #956
75Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Just went through your build thread and wow, what a great build! Awesome fab skills, creative solutions, having fun with the hobby and a great sense of humor mixed in made for a great read. Tagging along for the rest.

We love our 88 we bought from the original owner.
You must have the patience of Job to read through all that! Glad you enjoyed it.

I think you need to have a really good sense of humor in this hobby. First laugh at yourself, and often! Plus it makes all those frustrating moments more tolerable. This is a fun and great hobby.

BTW that is a cool dually you have there... Would look great on some 24's slammed on the ground! Just sayin'!
Old 02-18-2018, 04:40 PM   #957
Advanced Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Dually View Post

BTW that is a cool dually you have there... Would look great on some 24's slammed on the ground! Just sayin'!
Thanks, yeah I regularly hear that slammed idea from my car buddies ... along with various engine swap ideas too. All fun stuff...
Old 02-18-2018, 07:31 PM   #958
75Dually

I got the seat belts installed today for the rear seats. I also made a new mount for the Accuair eLevel. I could not use the old mount because it was where the new center console is going. So I made this part. No visible fastners but the small allen head bolts that hold the touch pad.

My list is getting smaller. So glad because I am so ready for it to be done!

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2018, 11:45 PM   #959
Dads79GMC

Fabulous build! Went through all 39 pages. Great work; very creative stuff!! Mike

Dads 79 GMC Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=642929

1978 Silverado Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=756016
Dads79GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:04 AM   #960
75Dually

We made it to LST! The ride down there was no fun at all. The truck ran really well, but we ran into the winter storm that was running through our path to Conroe. Ice was the major issue, and we drove through a lot of it! As you can see in the pic below. This pic was in Sweetwater, TX and it was 1.5" thick! Scary stuff! Anyways we made it through a rough night drive and made it to the show the next day.

Once I get a chance I will upload some pics of the new interior that we finished before we left for the show. It has been just so crazy just getting down here that I have not been able to get the pics of it.

I will also post some cool trucks from the show later on too.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2018, 01:22 AM   #961
UKNOWME

Congrats on making it there! I know it’s been a long time goal to get the truck done and attend LST for you.
1964 Chevy c10
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU
UKNOWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:46 AM   #962
75Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKNOWME View Post
Congrats on making it there! I know it’s been a long time goal to get the truck done and attend LST for you.
Yes sir! So blessed to get the chance to attend.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:39 AM   #963
3757chevy

Well I didn't read every page , every 5th one and I like what I see ..Very nice . Nice job on the light surround . I know I will go back and read more and watch your videos. I really like the dash .
MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:42 AM   #964
75Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3757chevy View Post
Well I didn't read every page , every 5th one and I like what I see ..Very nice . Nice job on the light surround . I know I will go back and read more and watch your videos. I really like the dash .
I call that speed reading, thanks for checking it out!
Old 02-26-2018, 09:55 AM   #965
aboesec10

saw the truck at last on saturday man, Looks awesome! Very motivating for me on my dually. Also checked out the thorbecke 4 link you recommended. That sucker is beefy. Ill be ordering that soon as well. Hope you made it home safe and didn't get too wet. lol
Old 02-26-2018, 11:14 AM   #966
aggie91
I'm just glad to be here!

Great to catch up again and talk trucks. Seeing the dually in person with the wrap, makes me think that is what I will do on my next square...

One day we are going to get the wing to you...lol...

1965 Chevy Stepside(Grandpa's Old Blue) and (July 2015 Shop Build!)(2020, the Saga Continues)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372424

The LST Challenge:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7812257

Korbin's 1st Square: "Sunburn"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=418618

1985 GMC Sierra: "White Trash", Korbin's 2nd now...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632305

Henry - 1984 Chevrolet, Owen's 1st Square
aggie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:12 PM   #967
daddyjeep

Congrats of getting there. I look forward to more pics.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=786514
daddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:38 PM   #968
75Dually

The good, the bad, and the ugly of LST...

It was an amazing weekend in Conroe. Getting there was scary! There was a large storm system going across Texas, and the northern portion of that storm was sleet, snow, and ice. We hit all of it. When we got to little Sweetwater, TX there was 1.5" of ice on the ground and more coming, see the below pic. So we slowly crept along until we were out of the ice and mess, and eventually at 1:30 AM got to Elgin, TX which is on the east side of Austin. Sketchy beyond measure!

The next morning with our nerves in a not so fried state we headed to the show. Got there with no complications. Just the way we like it! We got our area setup for our club (Banzai Cruisers). As we were setting up a film crew came over to talk with us and they said they wanted to shoot to 75Dually! The photo shoot took place on Saturday afternoon along with a rolling video shoot on top of that. Man I was over the moon! I will share what I can of the photo shoot and video when it becomes available.

The next couple of days were amazing! So many cool rides! Almost too many to remember. I took lots of pics and video. I got to meet so many cool guys and gals. It is amazing to me how these trucks pull us all together and allow us to share our passion for fabrication, cool rides, endless talk on what's the latest thing someone has done to their ride, or what they plan on doing to their ride in the future. If you came over and spent time talking trucks with me I am certainly very glad you did, because you made this show so much fun! Cheers to each of you!

Now the bad... As many of you may have heard there were a lot of trucks who got into accidents on the way home. The last day of the show there was a terrible storm system again moving across Texas with a bunch or rain. I felt so sorry for those folks as we were getting word through Facebook and Instagram on the way home. Well the 75Dually did not dodge all the bullets this weekend either. Just one hour from the house I spun a rod bearing and that was it for my 454. We parked on the side of the road and my lovely wife came and rescued us. We had to tow it home, but we were not in any hurry and just took our time. This was all due to my error. We stopped to check the oil and get ready for our last hour in the truck. I pulled back onto the state route and did not see that the trans was in second gear! The second my buddy noticed it, it was to late... It had spun to high for this high mileage BBC and we think the plastic piece that attaches to the oil pump failed and then the rod spun. That was all she wrote. Got on the phone and asked my bride to come get us. I guess the good side of this coin is that I already had the Cummins waiting to go in after we got back from this trip. However this was not the way I wanted this trip to end. But folks that is what we do, we fix stuff! We break it and then we learn how to fix it, make it better, and stronger. The 75Dually will be back on the road before you know it.

I will be working on my 68 GMC for a while getting it street ready. After I get it on the road I will start on the Cummins swap.

Below are some pics of our road trip and them I will post some of the show.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2018, 03:55 PM   #969
75Dually

Favorite Dually's at the show.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2018, 03:57 PM   #970
75Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboesec10 View Post
saw the truck at last on saturday man, Looks awesome! Very motivating for me on my dually. Also checked out the thorbecke 4 link you recommended. That sucker is beefy. Ill be ordering that soon as well. Hope you made it home safe and didn't get too wet. lol
Great talking with you! Can't wait to see your progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Great to catch up again and talk trucks. Seeing the dually in person with the wrap, makes me think that is what I will do on my next square...

One day we are going to get the wing to you...lol...
Great talking with you and your son. That made my day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
Congrats of getting there. I look forward to more pics.
Super sketchy getting there, but glad to be home.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:23 PM   #971
Advanced Design

Congrat’s on the video shoot. Ouch, sorry about your engine! Otherwise glad the trip was safe...ice is the worst.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:54 PM   #972
75Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Congrat’s on the video shoot. Ouch, sorry about your engine! Otherwise glad the trip was safe...ice is the worst.
Thanks Doug! Living in Ohio for 8 years taught me how to handle ice and the same roads I drove last week. Just be steady and don't over correct!

I will fix all that broken stuff before you know it.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:44 PM   #973
75Dually

With all the LST stuff going on I forgot to show you guys the new center console and the new lower speaker pods. My friend Kenny Jones did all the work on these and I think they came out looking great! The center console has 2-10" Kicker subs in it, and they along with the door speaker pods sound amazing! Just crisp clean sound. As you can see it has those really cool cup holders. We put in a power station that has 2 USB plugs, a LED voltage gauge, and a cigarette plug in that one black housing. I came up with the initial design and mocked it up in foam sheets, and Kenny took it from there and made it a reality. We are going to change the front lighter tan trim panels. We were not happy with them as they are today, so look for an update on those in the near future.

I am also super happy with the way the lower speaker door pods came out. We will be doing the whole door to match the pods, but at least they look good for now.

All in all it really is starting to turn this truck around, now for the Cummins...

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2018, 07:49 PM   #974
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Those interior pieces look awesome! I'm anxious to see that 6bt in this rig!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:16 PM   #975
75Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Those interior pieces look awesome! I'm anxious to see that 6bt in this rig!
I just wish my elves had not run off because of lack of pay! I guess it will be up to me once again to get that big old lump of iron in my ride. Sure you don't want to drive down from Iowa and help out...