The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2010, 10:39 PM   #11
chevyrestoguy

Re: Chevyrestoguy's '55 build

Fat Mike-
The lower links are 2"X2" square tubing, .120 wall. I decided to turn it on it's edge for a "diamond" shape compared to the normal flat square look that everyone goes with. I debating whether to put lightening holes in it with oval tubing but that would be a ton of work and it might look a little too over-the-top.

Panelman55-
I don't think I'll go tilt bed, but I've got an idea to have the bed floor on hatch struts, hinged in the front and latched in the rear with flush mount aircraft latches.

I've been real busy shoveling rock every night after work until dark, so I haven't done much on the truck. I have been working on the factory gauge cluster converting the manual gauges to electric and still making it look factory. I don't want an oil pressure line or water temperature capillary tube coming through the firewall, and I don't want an amp gauge. What I'm using is all factory stuff, easily found in any wrecking yard. I'll post pictures when I'm through.
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote