The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2018, 06:57 AM   #51
Smooth1SITF

Re: National Chevy/GMC Truck Association

Yeah, your right. The internet didn't bring it down, but it allowed more options for people out there. And now more people are resulting to social media to get the word out on shows etc. But yes, it pretty much has crushed the day for media publications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike16 View Post
internet didn't kill the clubs but it kills the magazine industry. especialy during a down turn in the economy. Look at the pontiac end of the industry two magazines for years and now none. While Chrysler fans seem to have two or three magazines still going strong.

there is no accounting for taste
Engine: Currently - 350 / Proj Finish - 454 - Transmission: Currently - Muncie on the floor / Estimated to Finish - TBD - Bed: Currently Short Bed Fleetside w/Steel Floor / Finish - Short Bed Fleetside w/Red Oak Wood Floor & Matching Interchangeable Short Bed Stepside w/Red Oak Wood Floor
Smooth1SITF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:12 AM   #52
special-K
Special Order

It seems to me anything internet involving this stuff is all look n see, and chit chat. When it comes to putting the feet to the street and getting some eye to eye you still can't beat the real thing. It's so easy to give an I'm gonna, I wanna, and not follow through. The internet didn't take the place of anything. It's just another thing and it will never be everything.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:48 PM   #53
Smooth1SITF

National Chevy/GMC Truck Association

Good news everyone! I have been in direct contact with Seth Doulton who is the original founder of the National Chevy / GMC Truck Association. He has been helping me with the history of the former Association and I have been putting together a history page on our Truck Club's website. Our Truck Club is one of I think 8-9 remaining original Chapters of the Association. There were 25 originally.

Seth has been great and willing to help us capture the story and feature it on our clubs website. What we have so far is in the link below. There are 2 more sections we are still working on and hope to have finished soon. He is still friends with one of the other former Directors, Danny Howell so I hope to get some more information from him as well. So, the answers to the questions in this forum Thread are almost all answered below, but hopefully all of them will be answered soon!

http://www.pickupsnpanels.org/about-...ta/about-ncgta

Let me know what yall think.
Engine: Currently - 350 / Proj Finish - 454 - Transmission: Currently - Muncie on the floor / Estimated to Finish - TBD - Bed: Currently Short Bed Fleetside w/Steel Floor / Finish - Short Bed Fleetside w/Red Oak Wood Floor & Matching Interchangeable Short Bed Stepside w/Red Oak Wood Floor
Smooth1SITF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:57 AM   #54
special-K
Special Order

That was a smart move getting in touch with Seth. He is a guy full of enthusiasm and I'm sure pride in his accomplishments. Also very much a people person. I'm looking forward to see the gaps filled in the club's history.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote