The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
Super73

Engine Analyzer and Drag Analyzer.. Willing to put your info in.

I have been playing around with both of these programs quite a bit now.

I would love to get full combos from people to see how accurate these programs are. I feel it's been pretty good for me so far. At the end of this post are all the things I think I will need to run both programs.

Engine Analyzer is a pretty nice little program and I think it gives you a pretty good idea of what the motor is making. Has a ton of option for you to adjust, so garbage in will equal garbage out.

Drag Analyzer is also a nice program. Using the info I got from Engine Analyzer, I put it in to the closest vehicle I could find in drag analyzer. Needless to say it was way off at first. I started adjusting settings like weight, weight bias, traction, converter, all to be in my range. It was much more accurate. I had to massage traction, frontal area and drag coef a bit to get it dialed, but it was more or less right on.

I then changed the traction figure to 100% from 63% as I new I was not hooking up 100% at the track, video, data logger and my butt told me so. This is what it told me.

Here is a graph overlay of the two.

When setting it up for the N20 pass, I said I turned it on at 1.6 in the run. Told me I should have went 11.28 @ 119.2. I know I short shifted and only ran an 11.282@115.3. With no data logger running that pass, I had to play around with shift points and where the 100 shot came in to get some what accurate on the N20 pull. There is a nice "Calcualte Performance" feature on this program and there is a "Auto Optimize" button. You can put in multiple items for it to adjust to give you a certain mph or ET, or it will adjust to find your quickest. So after a few tries, I let it figure out what I did.

It said I turned the bottle on at 1.2 seconds in to the run and shifted 1-2 at 7,100 and 2-3 at 6600. From the sound on the video, I'd say that is fairly accurate.

So what would it say if I had 100% traction and let it figure out where to turn the bottle on and shift at?

What about the full kit. I phased it in, 100 hit at .0, 200 at .5 and 300 at 1.0... This seems a little optimistic.

At any rate, here is what I would need for your vehicles to run them..

Engine info
Bore
Stroke
Factory tolerances or set up more as a race motor?
Electric Water pump?
Electric Fan?

Head data:
*----* Intake and Exhaust Valve size
*----* Head flow numbers (Please provide them or a link to MFG's website, I don't want to have to search for info. If these are stock heads, try to give me a casting or something)
Compression ratio

Type of intake (Single plain, dual plane, again link if you can find it).
Carb or TB (Is it a vacum carb?)

Header Data:
*----* Tube Diameter
*----* Tube length to collector (this can be your best guess, but the more accurate, the better)

Cam info:
Link to MFG's web page or cam card would be best but..
Duration at .050"
Total Lift and based on what rocker ratio
Intake centerline
LSA
What rocker are you using?

Blower/turbo?
I need to know size and PSI you are running.
Intercooler? Air to Air or Air to water?

Vehicle Data (I am going to try to keep this simple and use my aero for the most part).
Total weight
Front/Rear weight bias
What trans you are running (Gear ratio if different than stock)
Size converter (STR if you have it)
Gear ratio
Differential (Open, production posi, spool)
Tire size (height, width and type, again if you have a link to the MFG's page, even better).

Are you running N20? If so, how many stages and how big are they?

Please understand that while I enjoy doing this, I may not get to it right away. Also, please understand, garbage in, is going to be absolute garbage out.

Shaun
1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49

Last edited by Super73; 12-21-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote