The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
onebad65c10
Gm for life.

Why me?

Just sitting here on a dreary Maryland day looking out my window into my driveway, and thought I'd share some joys from the past few months. I am proud owner of a 2005 Silverado Ext cab short bed Z-71. Ming blue with tan interior. I treat my truck with care and respect but am not afraid to get it dirty and work her. The good. I am 7 month from paying her off. Bought it used in May of 2010. Had nothing but good times with her. Using it as a tow pig for my 65 C-10 and various projects and dump runner.
Proud of myself for paying her off soon. But it seems a black cloud has been over me since July. First off I go to shoot pool and come home. Normal Wednesday evening for me. Upon backing in my driveway I notice a white mark on my quarter. Someone hit and run, scraped my quarter nothing major but messed up my flare and taillight. They are tinted so had to replace the light, decal, and flare. So I changed the flares to the painted ones( Yet to install) and the decal to a custom one.
Then in August my mirror got knocked off by a F@*d. The joy when I priced the mirror. $700 and change. Power folding with signal and self tinting. Fight for 3 weeks with the other guys insurance. Get that replaced.
In September they decide to repave the roads going to work. End up with to big oysters in my windshield. Well with the morning dew and my defroster on. They decided to crack all the way across my windshield. Still waiting to get it replaced.
Now today I go to leave for breakfast with a friend and notice my tailpipe is hanging funny. I poke it with my foot and low and behold it is no longer attached to my muffler. Rusted enough that I need to replace the muffler and tailpipe. So I ordered a Flowmaster kit.
Sorry for the long post but I figure all you guys and gals on here would listen or read. At least she is dependable and reliable. Poor girl 41 months and nothing happening and all this in a few months. She needs a good Auto spa treatment.
Thank you,
Phil
Toys:
D/D: 2017 Silverado LTZ2 crewcab

1969 Pontiac GTO Yes it is a real goat waiting its turn to be the car it was.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...59&ref=profile
onebad65c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
Boog
laying low

Re: Why me?

The law of averages are catching up with your truck that's all. And the northern winters road treatments.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
07XCSBZ71

Dang Phil! Sounds like you have my luck. I got grandpa's old GMC, it was MINT when I got it, now it's been hit 5 times in the last year. LOL. Safelite will do your windshield for 215.00 and come to you. I just had the WS done in my 07 Classic last month.
07XCSBZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
71swb4x4

It will all be worth it when it's paid for. Our vehicles are paid for, and we average two "monthly payments" a year in repairs to our vehicles. A lot cheaper then letting the bank own it for us.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
MadManAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XCSBZ71 View Post
Dang Phil! Sounds like you have my luck. I got grandpa's old GMC, it was MINT when I got it, now it's been hit 5 times in the last year. LOL. Safelite will do your windshield for 215.00 and come to you. I just had the WS done in my 07 Classic last month.
Safelite also has a lifetime warranty on the install, and no problems standing behind it. Mine started leaking about a year after I had it done and they reinstalled it at no charge.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
bigd65

I bought a 99 Z71. Paid 2k for it and have spent about 1500 so far excluding put the correct size tires, that was another 650, and now goona cost me another 500 in parts for ball joints and hub bearings.... But then everything will be caught up... I feel your pain, if I would have paid more for the truck, I would be upset but I'm good with it right and MAN do I love this truck
Old 10-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
hugger6933

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but even here in AR where we have no salt on the roads and no winters, the rockers are rusting on these trucks and now I am finding that the rear wheelwells and center of the bedsides are starting to rust through as well. Also the front fenders at the lowers are starting to show some signs as well. I have to be really careful and very picky at the sale elsewise I will be fixing wreck damage as well as rust damage. The first one I found it on was a 2002 Z71 that had been a road truck and was real clean , had some rocker damage . when I went to pull it the whole rocker was crunchy. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #8
onebad65c10
Gm for life.

Yea I know it all be worth it in the end. Just the cost of driving the truck everyday. Calling about the windshield soon and ordered a Flowmaster cat back exhaust kit for it. Might as well give her some attitude.
Toys:
D/D: 2017 Silverado LTZ2 crewcab

1969 Pontiac GTO Yes it is a real goat waiting its turn to be the car it was.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...59&ref=profile
onebad65c10 is offline   Reply With Quote