The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2015, 09:23 PM   #1
BROWN 70

Smile Questions On Interior Codes

Hi Guys, i need to replace my dash pad, and i see that sandlewood and saddle are offered for my color interior. not sure witch color was stock. i replaced it once with black. on my glove box the sticker says z62 custom comf + cloth eq. it also says 623 gold cust cloth trim. does any of this tell witch color dash pad i need? thanks, BROWN 70
BROWN 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:18 PM   #2
SS Tim

Re: Questions On Interior Codes

The dash pad and the flat painted dash panel forward of the pad are Dark Sandalwood. Basically the same color as the steering column and wheel (if original). Here are examples of the 623 cloth and 625 vinyl.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:30 PM   #3
SS Tim

Remember there were a lot of color variations over the years and few "off the shelf" reproduction color choices. So that leaves dying a "close" match or living with it.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:01 PM   #4
BROWN 70

Smile Re: Questions On Interior Codes

Hi Tim, what a great reply!! the third picture is my interior. so i need the sandlewood pad. in the 3rd picture, is that truck white and dark bronze? it looks just like my truck !!!!!! does that truck have any chrome trim on the sides? mine doesnt. but maybe it was taken off on a repaint. or maybe it didnt come with any trim. again tim thanks very much. also im a dog person too. hope he comes back. BROWN 70
Old 04-20-2015, 11:30 PM   #5
SS Tim

Well if your truck is a Z63 with a 623 trim code the cloth should look like pictures 1&2. Picture 3 is the same color interior but the all vinyl seat cover coded 625.

Yes you should have a sandalwood pad and it should be very close to the column color. Again there are a lot of variations.

As it so happens picture 3 is from a 583 truck in 528 Dark Bronze and 521 White in the Special Two-Tone pattern (white roof and rockers). Unfortunately while I have pictures it does not present correctly.
Are you sure your truck is Dark Bronze and not the more common Medium Bronze?

In any event the SPID codes are the only way for me know how your truck was built. Is it already posted?

Last edited by SS Tim; 04-21-2015 at 11:10 PM. Reason: typo re:583
Old 04-21-2015, 09:17 PM   #6
BROWN 70

Hi Tim, the code on the glove box sticker says, 552 white dark bronze. do you have books that decode this info? or is there a web site? the third picture other than the seat and the ac vent color, ( mine are sandlewood color) is almost the same. looks like a nice truck! thanks for all the info. mike
Old 04-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #7
SS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWN 70 View Post
Hi Tim, the code on the glove box sticker says, 552 white dark bronze. do you have books that decode this info? or is there a web site? the third picture other than the seat and the ac vent color, ( mine are sandlewood color) is almost the same. looks like a nice truck! thanks for all the info. mike
552 is the 528 Dark Bronze primary with 521 White roof in the conventional two-tone. Meaning your truck could have had as little as just the cab paint divider trim for factory molding. Again without a SPID its hard to say what your truck is.

SPID decoding is something I have devoted a lot of time to researching and collecting reference material. There isn't a single go to point or reference as there are so many plant variations and running changes, especially RPO usage. If you need it decoded, post it and I or Bruceman1968 can probably break it out for you.

As far as the interior pictures go they are the same interior vinyl color. One is an all vinyl seat and the other two are the cloth insert seat you stated your truck had. The sheetmetal color is strictly a function of the exterior color carrying over to the inside.

A/C vent ball housings can be trim color, body color or black. Lot of variations there.

*Post Your Pickup SPID*
*Blazer SPID*
*Suburban/Panel SPID*

** Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?
** Blazer
** Suburban

Last edited by SS Tim; 04-22-2015 at 01:19 PM.