The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2024, 10:07 PM   #1
vinnyschevy

Hidden hitch help

Got a 89 c2500 swapped to dually running a Rollpan and need a hidden hitch. What brand or part numbers are you guys running I’m getting different info when I search some saying it will work then some saying not for 2500 only 1500 trucks some saying 3500 only just curious thank you for the information guys ahead of time
vinnyschevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 05:47 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Hidden hitch help

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyschevy View Post
Got a 89 c2500 swapped to dually running a Rollpan and need a hidden hitch. What brand or part numbers are you guys running I’m getting different info when I search some saying it will work then some saying not for 2500 only 1500 trucks some saying 3500 only just curious thank you for the information guys ahead of time
Not exactly what you're inquiring about but I wanted a hidden set-up like my dually has but wanted a proper rated hitch vs going to a CLASS-III which is what most hidden set-ups are based off of.

For my '99 C2500, I purchased a standard HD CURT brand ClassV hitch that's modular in construction. There's the main receiver beam that bolts to the frame rail mounting flanges. The standard version is just like most/many hitches & located the receiver just under the bumper. But since it's modular, my plan is to eventually make my own frame mounting flanges so that the receiver beam is located higher (behind my license plate) where I want it.

I haven't done it yet. I opted to bolt it on 'as-is' for now until I'm ready to align things for the hidden set-up once I'm ready to build the rear under-bed portion of the exhaust.
With 7-8" of rear drop, it's tricky running the pipes all the way out to the far corners while still having access to the hitch/mounting hardware if desired.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 03-01-2024 at 05:53 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote