The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

03 HVAC doors stuck on def. after jump start

Hopefully I didn't toast all the acuators, but had a battery break internally and when a mine shop mechanic put a charger on 'start' (60amp as I recall). I had some 'buzzing' under the dash and sounded to be from the dash fuse panel area. Had him disconnect it as quick as I could. Borrowed a battery to get home and everything started, operates fine EXCEPT,, all the HVAC doors seem to be stuck and the AC blows out the defroster vents only. Rotate the dial to switch to floor or dash vents and nothing. I've tried searching for a blown fuse, (there must be 15 fuses the schematic labels as HVAC!!!) but can't can't fine one obviously burnt. The 04 has a boatload of plug-in relay/circut breakers (I assume) bith underhood and at teh end of the dash.

ANYBODY have any experience with the door operation in the 04 GMC Sierra SLE and any clue what I should be looking for????

HELP,, it was 109° here in southern Az today and the forcast is for more if not worse!!!!

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote