The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-17-2020, 12:17 PM   #26
KShortell

Re: Good Times

Cinnamon
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #27
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Now I need to get that broken starter bolt out of my '72 so I can move that. Even better, drive it! I need some kind of killer drill bit I know the tool trucks sell. I'm trying to get my friend to pick one up since they stop by his shop. Getting that running with be another huge feel good moment. Next one will be dragging the '67 up and pushing it back in the garage. I'd like to get a slab poured, but just a roof and walls are an excellent improvement.
Tim, try a 1/4" or 5/16" left hand bit. I've had real good luck with them. Most of the time they will catch the bolt and spin it out.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 12:58 PM   #28
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Tim, try a 1/4" or 5/16" left hand bit. I've had real good luck with them. Most of the time they will catch the bolt and spin it out.
And if the bolt spins out....Good times!
Old 08-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #29
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
And if the bolt spins out....Good times!
Exactly.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 08-17-2020, 05:28 PM   #30
hotsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Now I need to get that broken starter bolt out of my '72 so I can move that. Even better, drive it! I need some kind of killer drill bit I know the tool trucks sell. I'm trying to get my friend to pick one up since they stop by his shop. Getting that running with be another huge feel good moment. Next one will be dragging the '67 up and pushing it back in the garage. I'd like to get a slab poured, but just a roof and walls are an excellent improvement.
Hey Tim you probably know this but I get ALOT of broken bolts out with left turning drill bits.. Sometimes I have to resort to other things after drilling but usually it brings them right out if they are not bottomed out too tight !! I worked as the Welding and Boring Tech for CAT for a while. The other mechanics just broke off the bolts and brought the problem for me to fix
1955 2 door 210 post
hotsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 05:32 PM   #31
hotsam

Oh... A recent feel good for me was getting out Saturday and getting some scouting done and other stuff ready for deer season !!
1955 2 door 210 post
hotsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:33 PM   #32
special-K
Special Order

I use left hand bits. I never have good luck with ez-outs. Only make matters worse when they break. My problem is I can't get a pilot hole started. I've been breaking bits. I went to using a RH bit since my smaller LH bits broke. But even my tough RH bits won't get started. The dad of my son's friend was over here and he told me about a bit off the tool trucks (didn't say which) that will drill through tough metal really easy for the first 4 to 5 times used. If I get a hole started, then I can go to my LH bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Sometimes it just takes a start in the right direction and by getting that truck out of your space you need is just the ticket as they say.. as for the floor ,that can come later after you get one of your trucks up an running ,, I say this as with me it's finally maybe getting the 39 running so I can move it around to do other things in my garage.. wish I had your building you built there , that would be my insperatioin to get moving on somethings..nice job on it Tim
Thanks for the compliment, Larry. I should have thrown it up a long time ago. I wanted a 2-car and kept trying to figure out where to fit it. I was going to get a metal carport the size of what I built because my septic line runs through right outside the left front corner a bit. Then I decided to build my own with a lot of materials I already had. Then decided to close it in. I wanted it to look old enough to go with the house, which I just painted that green last summer. A lot of the German siding on it is from an 1895 Victorian I did framing repairs on, so fits the part of looking old. The windows are old sashes from another farm house. Even has the wavy glass. Antique!

I hope you get the '39 moving soon, and that it's something simple. I'm pretty stumped on that one.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-17-2020 at 09:40 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:39 PM   #33
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I figured that Tim knew about left-hand drill bits, but I know a lot of people who think that that is some kind of BS.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:45 PM   #34
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
Groody Bro’s sent me a picture of my bicycle that they restored. I pick it up in K.C. tonight after work. They’ve had about 6 weeks. I am sooo stoked!!!
I’ll be sort of up in your neck of the woods Chip.
That bike is just plain cool. We ought go ride the Frisco Highline Trial between Bolivar and Springfield, MO. It's 37.6 miles.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 10:44 PM   #35
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
That bike is just plain cool. We ought go ride the Frisco Highline Trial between Bolivar and Springfield, MO. It's 37.6 miles.
That would be cool to do!!!
I’m down with that or up for that.
I’m serious.

I’ve been to Bolivar years ago. We put on a grappling/submission seminar at what was then Ronnie Sullivan’s boilxing club.
Ronnie had about eight college wrestlers and mma guys and brought Bob Boggs and his son Travis Boggs down there because he wanted his guys to learn some jujitsu. Bob and Travis asked Jerry Neer( Josh Neers Cousin UFC) and me help with the seminar.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:17 AM   #36
'63GENIII

Two "oh yeah" moments from this past weekend.

Getting finished setting up camp in the 100 degree heat and just finishing dinner in time to get one more beat run in on the little Sanger before dark.

The water was dead flat, no one on the lake, just my two kids and one friend in the boat on our way to get a "twilight" wakeboard set in. Out of the "no wake" zone, I opened it up to let her rip on the way to some of the best water that Ive come across in a long time.

She's a pretty bare bones but very capable wake boat rooted in Sanger's long history of flat bottom drag boats. When she's twisting 5,500 rpm, her racing DNA comes to the surface and its an ear to ear grin for dad!

The 1972 Sleek Craft jet in the right side of the photo is owned by a good friend who's father built two of them. He sold one to pay for the one he kept.

Side by side at idle, you can't even tell my boat is running. His sounds like a jet boat should. When we are side by side flat out, you can't tell who's is who's and although he gets out on me, its not much more than a crawl
Attached Images

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 01:00 AM   #37
Boog
laying low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I figured that Tim knew about left-hand drill bits, but I know a lot of people who think that that is some kind of BS.
Left handed drill bits. That explains why my right handers don't work on that electric bit sharpener I received as a gift many years ago.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:21 AM   #38
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Left handed drill bits. That explains why my right handers don't work on that electric bit sharpener I received as a gift many years ago.
Easy now.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 08-18-2020, 07:22 AM   #39
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by '63GENIII View Post

Getting finished setting up camp in the 100 degree heat and just finishing dinner in time to get one more beat run in on the little Sanger before dark.

The water was dead flat, no one on the lake, just my two kids and one friend in the boat on our way to get a "twilight" wakeboard set in. Out of the "no wake" zone, I opened it up to let her rip on the way to some of the best water that Ive come across in a long time.

She's a pretty bare bones but very capable wake boat rooted in Sanger's long history of flat bottom drag boats. When she's twisting 5,500 rpm, her racing DNA comes to the surface and its an ear to ear grin for dad!

The 1972 Sleek Craft jet in the right side of the photo is owned by a good friend who's father built two of them. He sold one to pay for the one he kept.

Side by side at idle, you can't even tell my boat is running. His sounds like a jet boat should. When we are side by side flat out, you can't tell who's is who's and although he gets out on me, its not much more than a crawl
Kinda looks like the terrain around Berryessa.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 08-18-2020, 11:19 AM   #40
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Masonry hammer drill bits will actually make quick work of hardened steel. If you need to get a pilot started Tim, this may be a good way to do it. Just use it in your normal drill, obviously you won’t need the hammer to get thru steel. Once you get a hole started maybe you’ll get lucky and have a lefty hook and pull it out.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0

Last edited by 57taskforce; 08-18-2020 at 11:27 AM.
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #41
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '63GENIII View Post

I like that Sanger. And I like the Sleek Craft. I have a thing for jet boats.
There's one for sale up here. I don't know what it is because I've never stopped to look at it. I don't trust myself. I already have one broken boat. I don't need another so I just keep driving past it. It's been there a while so I figure it isn't going cheap. So that makes it easier to hit the gas and speed right by it.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:00 AM   #42
'63GENIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Kinda looks like the terrain around Berryessa.
Don Pedro at Moccasin Point Dale. It does look a lot like the Spanish Flat cove at Berryessa though. Spent a good bit of my life on Berryessa under the Putah Crk Bridge. That stopped when I got married .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I like that Sanger. And I like the Sleek Craft. I have a thing for jet boats.
There's one for sale up here. I don't know what it is because I've never stopped to look at it. I don't trust myself. I already have one broken boat. I don't need another so I just keep driving past it. It's been there a while so I figure it isn't going cheap. So that makes it easier to hit the gas and speed right by it.
Story has it that there weren't a whole lot of the Sleeks made Paul. My buddy's father and a couple of his buddies bought 2 each. Built em and sold one each to pay for the one they kept. As my friend tells it, his is the only one left from that group of guys that but em. Super solid boat though. More so than my Tahiti.

I have a thing for the jets and flat bottoms myself. Got rid of my last jet (18' Tahiti w/ a dual quad LS7) after one quick blast across the lake with my oldest daughter in the back seat. She was 5 at the time, had long hair and it was flyin' back into the dry stack Bassets I was running. No fire but a 5 yr old with burnt hair ends didnt exactly sell the boat to my SO. Wife was pissed. Boat was sold to an old biker that needed a boat for Berryessa for 4th of July weekend. Broke my heart to see it go. I know it was gonna be beaten and neglected when it left my garage.

The little old Sanger Dog is by far the best boat that Ive ever had. Never thought I'd afford one. Puts a smile on my face EVERY time I have it out.

Couple of more pics and I swear I'm done..

First is my son's first time up on a wakeboard - Don Pedro

Second a pic of the sloughs we call Rail Roads and it is one of the best places to wakeboard that I know of. We call it Rail Roads because of, well, the train in the background. We motioned the engineer to honk and he did. Think my Tinitus started that day!

3rd is just looking back at the sun going down at the end of a good day riding. My oldest daughter (think burnt hair) and her co worker were with me that day. She's since forgiven me for the hair thing...
Attached Images

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:25 AM   #43
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

My disheveled old girl. Nothing special. I hit a rock or something and its got a crack in the hull. So it's been parked for a few years now. I keep saying I'm going to fix it but I never do. It just sits. We had a lot of fun in that old boat. We lived right next to the lake and would take it out almost every day. My wife liked going out on the lake after her commute. It relaxed her to cruise around. Now it's just a mess sitting in the yard.

But this thread has got me to thinking. I'm going to go look at that jet boat if it's still there. At least get the price and the story. WTH. I might get a deal. It's been there a while.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:46 AM   #44
special-K
Special Order

Paul, this jet boat ride looks like something you would do... Loco en la Cabeza! This is Wills Creek in flood stage where it spills into the Potomac River at Cumberland, MD in the Allegheny Mountains.

Knucklehead City! First just dumbness running up the creek full of floating debris. True crazy starts at about 9:30

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-19-2020 at 08:04 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote