The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 09:09 AM   #251
urmyboyblue

Re: 1965 1/2 C10 Pickup

This thread is like a car wreck- you shouldn't look but you feel like you have to.

Nice truck. Good luck on the resto and enjoy it. As long as you enjoy it, whether it is a unicorn or just another truck off the assembly line does not matter.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:13 PM   #252
salty531

You are close enough to come and see for yourself.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:34 PM   #253
The Rocknrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty531 View Post
Yes the Main studs came with the Block.
We looked at the Cam and could not find any numbers? Where should we look?
Truck is 66 although i said 65 as i received it in 65. Sorry for the confusion.
Rollers came from factory as i have owned since new and engine has never been opened. Fremont Drag strip was next door to factory and perhaps this was something they were building to test and it got in this truck. Crazy but i guess i will never know how it happened.
The "machinist" could not find the numbers on the cam? I couldn't either if the cam doesn't exist.
Stop saying roller came from the factory, this is a fallacy that didnt exhist from GM at the time = Impossible! Only ones available were aftermarket from Iskandarian (read that again slowly).
Quite sure that GM didnt build and test engines at fremont (Detroit or Flint, but not fremont).
Quote:
Thank you for all the info.
The Machine shop calls it a 4 bolt due to the screws in the middle of the bolts. This could be wrong info? No Rollers shown as the originals were thrown away. I know i will be torn apart for this but a third party was doing the engine work and had no idea what he had at the time. I would give my right arm to have them.
As i said before i have owned the Truck since new and the engine has never been apart so it had to come from the factory. We talked to someone who worked at the Fremont Plant during the 60's and he believes that this could have happened. He said they were building engines on the side in the factory and this could have explained this situation. Whatever it looks like i will never get to the bottom of this but i thank all for trying to help. The Truck will be kept in the family and passed down. We will enjoy having it.
Now a 3rd party - Threw away he evidence? Do we get a 4th party next when we want to see the cam?
Building engines "on the side" is not GM testing factory prototypes, besides the engine was built in Flint, MI - Not Fremont!
You can't get to the bottom of something that doesnt exhist.
Quote:
You are close enough to come and see for yourself.
What would he see? A stock motor built in Flint, MI?????
That's what you have!
Old 11-09-2017, 05:44 PM   #254
salty531

You better get educated. The parts man that ordered all the parts for the Truck has been in the parts business almost as long as you have been alive. He said this engine does not require a Cam Button. It came apart without one and will go back together without one. By the way, he has a hard time believing it came from the factory with a Roller Cam himself but said that he bought a new 60's car that had equipment that should not have been. He said strange things happened in the 60's and he does not discount it.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:46 PM   #255
salty531

The Truck was assembled in Fremont. You can come and see the Cam yourself and see if you can find any numbers.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:13 PM   #256
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Okay, I have seen enough of this back and forth, name calling and fairly offensive behavior by some members.

I am locking this thread!

If the original poster would like to post actual pictures of the said parts, PM me and I will unlock this thread so you can post them, otherwise things are what they are, correct or incorrect and life moves on.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
Closed Thread