The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
1956cameo

Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

I want to say a Huge THANK YOU to the following members for going above and beyond in helping me with this project! And of course want to thank everyone who posted in this thread for giving me advice, encouragement, and motivation.

Muleman100: Thank you for donating your time, shop space, and tools.

Critter: Thank you for donating the much needed blazer top glass.

14U2NV: Thank you for donating the jack hold down components.

HuggerCST: Thank you bringing me all of the parts that I bought from member mkmiller.

mkmiller: Thank you for donating the rear carpet strip.

lynnfield: Thank you for donating the original style valve covers, and a set of rims.

The current number of people who thought this blazer was a parts truck and are genuinely shocked I am fixing it up : 3 (Hopefully I am now at a point to where this number wont change)

I just sold off some of my old projects and was looking for a 72 blazer to work on. I was trying to find a nice driver 4x4 blazer but found this 2wd project for sale on the forums parts section. I wasn't really looking for another project but I got it anyway. I liked that it was originally blue with white interior. It had all of my must have options like CST equipment, A/C, power steering, power brakes, white single wall top, 350 engine, and turbo 350 transmission. It had a few other nice options but nothing that was setting the world on fire.

If it still had the original engine and transmission in it I would have restored it back to original. Unfortunately I got it in a very stripped down and delapidated state. Since everything is missing and I have a complete 1970 factory big block truck I thought I would put the drivetrain and other components from the 70 big block truck into the blazer. My goal is to make something GM should have made in 1972. A factory 402 big block 2 wheel drive blazer. I want to do it to all factory specs with all of the big block components. Basically make something that most people will think is completely factory original (besides custom wheels and stance) but wont be.

This is how it sat when I got it from a fellow board member pdr510 (Steve) in Choudrant, Louisiana. He had only had it for 4 months and he got it from Albany, Georgia.

Steve was getting rid of it because he had come accross a great deal on a very solid and highly optioned blazer that was to become his new project. This blazer was definately in a sad state, but really does have alot of potential.

Here it is all loaded up and ready to go to it's new home in Texas.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry

Last edited by 1956cameo; 07-27-2011 at 10:03 PM.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote