The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-20-2003, 01:41 PM   #1
DoubleBit

68 C20 Overloads

I have a 68 C20 with coil spring rear suspension. It HAD overloads on it and want to get some back on it.
It also got modified to dual exhaust all the way out behind the rear wheels. The panhard rod mount on the axle comes up, mashes the pipe shut and is giving me grief.
Does anyone have a good picture of the overloads? I have a post running in the parts board and a couple of responses have asked if it is a single leaf and if a 70-71 will fit. I don't know what to say, I've never seen one.
"I wish I knew what it did have originally. By the time I came to own the truck someone had removed the overloads to make room to route dual exhuast out behind the rear wheels. Maybe I ought to post this on the tech board."
Thanks for whatever help I can get here.
Art
Old 10-21-2003, 12:22 AM   #2
truckster

Sorry I don't have a pic right now, but I've got my truck in storage temporarily. I think my overloads are dual leafs over the coils, if I remember right.