The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2003, 01:42 PM   #1
72longbed
Account Suspended

F/S New ECE Drop Coils

I have a new pair of ECE 4" drop rear coils and a new pair of ECE 2" drop front coils. They were on my truck for about two weeks and I'm converting to 4x4 so I wont be needing them.

I'll sell all 4 for $200.00 and I'll split the shipping with you.

USA

72longbed
72longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 09:44 PM   #2
72longbed
Account Suspended

Also have new ECE KYB Nitrogen Gas Shocks to match the drop springs. Shocks are 2" drop in front and 4" drop in rear.

2 weeks old and will sell for 125.00.

I'm going to convert to 4x4 so will no longer need them.

I've had a couple bad experiences recently with members, (2) saying they "definitely" wanted them but never followed thru.

So, please, serious buyers only.

Thank you,

Old 10-20-2003, 11:27 AM   #3
72longbed
Account Suspended

Question jamesi20

jamesi20,
You need to call me right away!! You are not receiving my e-mails and PM's for some unknown reason!

610-367-8593

Old 10-21-2003, 12:50 AM   #4
pissonNOS

Do you know roughly the shipping costs to canada?
Old 10-21-2003, 10:03 AM   #5
72longbed
Account Suspended

Sorry Piss,
I won't ship to Canada. USA Only.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:03 PM   #6
pissonNOS

do you mind i fi ask why everyone on ebay says the same thing? and thier reasoning is for the extra cost in shipping which i see plays no factor seeing as the buyer pays the shippping just like i would be willing to do for you
Old 10-21-2003, 06:28 PM   #7
72longbed
Account Suspended

ECE Parts

Ok pissonNOS and everyone else,

You make a good point, so I'll tell you what I'm going to do. Because of recent experiences that I have had with "buyers", I'm going to adopt a new policy on anything I sell on these Boards.

It goes like this: #1. THE FIRST PERSON TO GET THE MONEY IN MY HANDS GETS THE MERCHANDISE!! #2. SHIPPING WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER!!

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, it will save me alot of headaches and allow the truly serious buyers to benefit and not get pissed.

In the case of a tie with funds received, the first person to have responded on the Board gets the merchandise.

So pissonNOS, calculate the UPS cost on a 50 lb. box shipped Ground from 19525 to your zip and add that cost to the parts cost of $330.00 US.

Get you're MONEY in THE MAIL, the RACE is ON!!

P.S. You can PM me for my address.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:55 PM   #8
pissonNOS

ok thank you
Old 10-22-2003, 06:17 PM   #9
cheyenne10

confused again, please explain

Maybe I'm not paying attention

Cost of parts total went up $5 in previous posts?

#2 seller said shipping would be split (would vary on destination)

#3 I inquired earlier on springs asking for shipping quote and was told no on split, better to shop at ECE. Maybe my zip in USA did not fit sellers estimates of his cost.

#4 I do like the point of buyer paying shipping but I like to know up front what that will be so I can commit to purchase and send correct funds.

#5 Why would someone send funds when there is a possiblity that deal may not be a done deal if someone else has funds in before them? (race of funds). When I give my word that yes I will buy something then seller should put me down as buyer and hold for reasonable time to recieve funds. Good communication is a must here too.

Signed;
Still confused
Old 10-22-2003, 07:01 PM   #10
pissonNOS

good points cheyenne10
Old 10-22-2003, 08:41 PM   #11
72longbed
Account Suspended

Listen up guys, I tried it the other way and got burned, TWICE. I was led to believe that it was a done deal, parts were absolutely sold, both times. So, as a good responsible seller I felt obligated to contact the other interested parties and thank them for their interest, but had to inform them that a member "definitely wanted the parts and was sending the money ASAP", again TWICE on the same friggin parts!

Now here's the part that really stings. The "definite buyer" doesn't answer multiple communications from me for 4 days, finally reappears to inform me he found a better deal from a "retail member" who beat my price by 5 dollars! I'm not even gonna get into the questionable ethics of undercutting a 'done deal', I'll give that other "retail member" the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't know my buyer had allready committed to purchasing from me!! I'm a nice guy, so I can do that. So anyway, I get "SHOPPED" for 5 dollars, but that still isn't the worst part. Now I get back in touch with the THREE, (3), other members who at the time expressed a very serious interest in the parts and learn that: 1. went on e-bay and bought the very same parts. 2. went directly to ECE and bought the parts. 3. situation changed financially and no longer had the funds.

Please do not get the wrong idea about what I'm saying here, I DO NOT fault the interested parties for doing what they needed to do to get those parts, or their financial situation changing, actually I applaud them for being REAL and kick myself for having to put them off in the first place!

Long story short, when people do this to other people, opportunities for everyone are lost. I feel it is best to eliminate the 'tire kickers' and deal directly with sincere buyers. Thats my choice and thats how I'm going to deal with it. I would never rip anyone off for money or parts, if the parts are sold when your money arrives, the money will be promptly returned. I will do everything in my power to preserve a good reputation on this Board, and also be fair and ethical with fellow Board members and myself.

72longbed
Old 10-23-2003, 08:48 AM   #12
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

I've been watching this one.

So, you're saying, all interested parties should send their money to you, and the first envelope in your hands gets the parts?

So, you have several guys wanting something, all go down and spend a buck to get a money order, 37 cents for a stamp, and mail the money to you. So they need to sit back and cross their fingers hoping that their money arrives before the other guy's? What are you going to do if you get 2 envelopes in the mail on the same day? Is it the envelope that's on top of the pile when you open the mailbox that wins?

You need to accept the fact that people flake. That's the reality of doing business. .

Those shocks...... ECE gets 140 for the whole set BRAND NEW. I'd call them and order them new from ECE and pay the extra 15 dollars, because ECE isn't going to send my money order back just because someone else mailed their's sooner.

What I'm trying to say is, you're offering a 15 dollar saving from new price, but the hard feelings of doing business your way is not going to be worth the savings.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:26 AM   #13
72longbed
Account Suspended

Firefighter,

I'll adress your comments one statement at a time.

1. You haven't been watching close enough or you can't read.

2. YES

3. As I stated previously, "in the case of a tie, the first member to have responded on the Board will get the merchandise."

4. I don't need to accept what's not acceptable on my terms. I've been doing business with the general public for 36 years, very successfully I might add.

5. Again, you have not payed attention or can not read. The springs cost me $240.00, the shocks cost me $140.00, plus the shipping I PAID was $52.00. Thats a total cost on my part of $432.00. The parts were on my truck for 2 weeks. Where I come from thats still new. I offered the parts for $330.00 and offered to split the shipping. Thats a very good deal as evidenced by the numerous members who responded willing to purchase.

6. Wrong again, I offered at least a $100.00 savings. I will always offer a great deal on quality parts because thats how I would expect to be treated.

Your opinion on how I wish to do business was not requested. I have adopted this policy in an effort to give those that are truly serious about finding a great deal the ability to act quickly and get what they want, and also give me a little less stress in my life.
I can not be responsible for the values and ethics that others have or don't have, I can only state the way I prefer to do business. You have the ability to do business with whom you please in the manner which you choose, as I do. That's the great part of being an AMERICAN!

I won't discuss this topic any further, A serious buyer PM'd me and saw the great deal I was offering and decided to send money rather than B.S. about it!!

Old 10-23-2003, 10:48 AM   #14
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Don't you think it's crappy to have several guys mail you money hoping that theirs arrives before the next guy's?

Then, only to be dissapointed, because their money arrived a day too late? The guy is out cost of money order and a stamp, as well as a trip to the post office. That sucks.

I don't care if you want my opinion or not. A quote from you....That's the great part of being an AMERICAN!... I can offer my opinion unsolicited!

Old 10-23-2003, 11:23 AM   #15
72longbed
Account Suspended

Thumbs up PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

I'm proud to be an American, livin' in the USA.......
Went down to the mailbox:
Gotta love it when you open that mailbox and theres a genuine, bona-fide check, paid in full for good, new, quality parts at a great price!!

Ya gotta admit, $100.00 off, on Great, ECE, USA made, new Quality parts is an AWESOME deal. This buyer/member thinks so, and he's very happy with the way I choose to do business!! All I can say is, SMART MAN!!!

Happy buyer, Happy Seller! Good transaction!

Old 10-25-2003, 05:27 PM   #16
truckresq

so the parts are sold?? Kidding... 72, go into "edit" this thread and hit delete to save the future arguments :-D
truckresq is offline   Reply With Quote