The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2003, 07:47 PM   #1
mooneyes

ladder bars?

........anybody swapped out there trailing arms for a big long set of ladder bars on a 67-72 coil spring truck?...been thinking about building a set and either relocating the coils or going coil over and making the ladder bars straight instead of angled like the factory trailing arms.....
70 lwb 305/700r driver
78 caprice project
02 cavalier D.D ( hate it!!)
mooneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:12 PM   #2
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

I am in the process of building ladder bars for my longhorn, to replace the leaf springs. I wont be able to say how well it works till about next spring tho.... Your trailing arms are a pretty good setup, & you can also add the coilovers to the stock setup(just a thought). my bars are mounted on the outside of the frame rails, on the original front spring hangers......the hangers have been moved foward about a foot tho. The bars are 35 1/2" long from eye to center of the axle tube, & built out of 3/16 wall x 1 1/2" square tubing(also urathane bushed). I still need to C notch & box the frame, & set up mounts for the coil overs & track bar. Here is a linK to bolt on coilovers for the 67-72's http://www.classicperform.com/produc...pter-Kit-2.htm Good luck,crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote