The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2018, 12:32 PM   #1
Wgesnerjr

Bench seat hinge help

Hello all,
I am ususally over on the 73-87 board but need yawl's help. I bought a bench seat from a 1995 pick-up to install into my 85. My wife wanted headrests so this was the most "cost-effective" option.

I have started to take it apart for cleaning, repair and, oh yeah...CLEANING! Smells really gross, like the last owner was a chain smoking septic tank worker with a chronic flatulence problem and a propensity for bean burritos!!!

I made the bone head move of not taking pictures of the hinge area before unbolting the back part. There is a bar and a weighted piece that fell out and now I can't figure out how they go back together. I think it has something to do with a lock for the back rest that activates if the truck decelerates suddenly.

Can anyone send some pics of the hinge of their bench seat. Specifically of the bar and weights? If not, maybe a illustration from a service manual would also work.

Here is a pic of what I have dubbed the "Seat of a thousand farts!"

Thanks in advance.
Jay
Attached Images

LS 5.3, 4L60E
Father/Daughter Project
Wgesnerjr is offline   Reply With Quote