The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
b-mac

Let's see your...Kick Panels! :)

Just wondering how everyone finished their floorboard to kick panel transition. Specifically on ADs, but any will do.
I want to use Rhino Liner on my floorboard since it's a beater/ratrod anyway, but I want to paint the interior white. I don't know how to do the transition for the floorboard/rocker-panel/kick-panel/door.

Looking for what has been done and looks good.

Thanks in advance.
b-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:17 PM   #2
OrrieG

Re: Let's see your...Kick Panels! :)

Here are mine, 59. Top is AC vent (2010 Mustang), courtesy light (64 Olds Starfire), and speaker. Here are a couple of how-to photos. Fiberglass over 3/16" plywood with "leather" to match seats.
Attached Images

OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #3
b-mac

OrrieG, this is awesome. Mine will be nowhere near this classy. I love all the fiberglass work you did on your truck. And I know how much nasty work that is, so mad-props to you on that job.

This does answer my question too...interior paint color on the kick panels and door...bed liner on the floorboard, and up the firewall. I made the transition between my kick-panels and floor curved and smooth, so I'll have to decide where the line is.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:45 PM   #4
Erics51chevy

Thanks for making this thread. This is exactly what i need too. Hopefully a lot more pictures will be posted. How far up does everyone usually go? Until it is out of sight?
Erics51chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:40 PM   #5
b-mac

That's kinda the way it is on new cars, right? Just up until it's out of the driver's sight line.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #6
wolffcub

i bought these panels and will cover them later this summer season. They keep the speaker up off the floor so your foot is not hitting it on both the drivers and passenger side. They are at a perfect height to keep the speakers sounding good. I also installed a center speaker in the old dash location and man does it sound good!

[IMG][/IMG]

If it aint broke I still try to fix it!
wolffcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:14 PM   #7
b-mac

Wolffcub, how close or tight do they come to the stock floor? My floor and kick panels are completely fabbed, and probably not perfect. Do you plan to leave them black?
Old 01-14-2017, 10:55 AM   #8
Kevin Mac

Wolffclub I too am interested in your kickpanels, where did you get them, what size speaker does it hold and are you happy with the fit?

Thanks Kevin
Kevin Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #9
wolffcub

I installed the retro sound panels. They sound nice even when being placed in the kick panel area. Your legs don't block the sounds and i even installed tweets just above the main speaker by using the tweet cups that cam with the speakers. The panels only needed 3/4" removed from the bottom to get them to just fit perfect. A simple score with a blade and bend of the panel is all it took. Speaker depth is an issue with some speakers!!!!!! I had to 3d print a 1/4" ring around the speaker to act as a stand off and after doing that i could not use the speaker covers that came with the panels. By raising the speaker out of the panel the 1/4" the screen would not press on a after, but it was all OK because the speakers came with their own speaker cover that worked perfect and it mounts to the speaker bezel. My truck is parked for the winter but i might be able to gain access to get a few better shots.

I will cover the panels this summer. I plan on doing a new fabric finish to my door panels so i will cover them the same.

If it aint broke I still try to fix it!
wolffcub is offline   Reply With Quote