The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2017, 11:49 PM   #1
chevlady

Brothers Truck Parts or LMC?

I need to get parts for my 1986 Chevy K10 and looking into a couple places.One is Brothers Truck Parts and the other is LMC.I noticed some of the trim parts are a little pitted recently and the front bumper brackets are a little bent.Plus the rear tail lights are faded and I tried buffing them out.I have never shopped from them and need input.I checked the prices on the parts and thinking of leaning towards LMC.I current have the engine out which I have torn down Thursday with the engine block,heads,rods and pistons and crankshaft at the machine shop waiting on these.I minus well take care of this stuff too.
chevlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:27 AM   #2
retrax

Re: Brothers Truck Parts or LMC?

I have ordered from both. I have read some people who have had concerns abou LMC parts quality but I have never had a problem. LMC got my stuff out right away. Both of my orders with brothers showed everything in stock but they took quite a while to get shipped out which was kind of iritating.
retrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:46 AM   #3
chevlady

I have both catalogs coming and keeping it stock.A friend of mine recommended LMC,his orders were shipped out right away
chevlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:47 AM   #4
TKCR

I have used both. Retrax is correct about Brother's shipping. I have never had issues with LMC's quality myself. And I have ordered tons from them. One thing I will say: I have found that ordering certain things from other companies. They are getting it from LMC, repacking and then shipping it to me. The best thing to do is to do your research on what you want to get and compare prices and quality. If there is something that you get and don't like, send it back. LMC is great on their returns. The other places are good on returns too. I like Classic Industries also. Several other places to check for parts:

https://www.classicindustries.com
http://www.usa1industries.com
https://www.classicparts.com
http://www.truckandcarshop.com/7387.html
http://www.rockauto.com
https://www.summitracing.com

https://www.stockinteriors.com/items...ard_Cab_Carpet
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #5
Skunksmash

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrax View Post
I have read some people who have had concerns abou LMC parts quality but I have never had a problem.
They charge for high dollar parts, but deliver only medium quality parts. Sometimes low quality. I wouldn't have a problem with them at all if their prices reflected the quality of their parts.
Skunksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #6
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunksmash View Post
They charge for high dollar parts, but deliver only medium quality parts. Sometimes low quality. I wouldn't have a problem with them at all if their prices reflected the quality of their parts.
That would be why I suggested to do research on the parts they want to purchase, compare prices & quality. Your right, a lot of what LMC has, one can get the same part or better from someplace else. But that works both ways. LMC has exclusive parts that GM Authorized as genuine reproduction of the OEM parts, and you can't get them anywhere else but LMC. But when your talking about parts like that, they are worth every penny you pay.

Chevlady, seriously do your homework on everything you buy. I am a nut when when it comes to buying anything. I research, read reviews, compare the product, find the lowest price. And I even factor in shipping, lowest price or better yet, free shipping.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:37 PM   #7
Desert_Eagle02

I have ordered from Brothers and liked the quality of their stuff. Their shipping does take a bit, and is expensive. The last time I ordered from them, the website said the items were in stock, but they were actually back ordered. I waited a month and a half then called them and had them just cancel the order. I found the items I wanted in Summit Racing and had them in hand 3 days later.

So I highly recommend Summit. They have a lot of products for these trucks and most have a choice of manufacturers to choose from, such as sheet metal, you can choose Goodmark, AMD ect. And shipping costs is cheaper. But they won't carry everything for a complete restoration.

I have never used LMC.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:37 PM   #8
DADS1971

LMC will kill you on freight. They will send a pack of screws in a box big enough for two pairs of shoes. I have talked to a manager and she said they don't have any control over shipping. They sent me a $25 gift card for my inconvenience. They are selling better quality parts than when they started. You have to research the part you are buying, there are only a couple of companies reproducing parts, especially rubber parts.
DADS1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:58 PM   #9
Mattchu60

I have had really good luck with Classic Parts out of Kansas City for parts - I ordered quite a few things from them in the last year. I also have ordered from classic industries and LMC.

LMC seems to have a lot parts that no one else carries. Also LMC's site is pretty easy to use - the diagrams they use for selling parts make it pretty easy to find what you need.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses for sure.
Mattchu60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:31 PM   #10
Jaysonb

I have bought a ton of parts from lmc for my last few truck builds. There customer service is pretty good, but there shipping and handling time is pretty slow. I buy what I can from summit racing, good prices, and super fast shipping.
Jaysonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #11
rice square

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevlady View Post
I need to get parts for my 1986 Chevy K10 and looking into a couple places.One is Brothers Truck Parts and the other is LMC.I noticed some of the trim parts are a little pitted recently and the front bumper brackets are a little bent.Plus the rear tail lights are faded and I tried buffing them out.I have never shopped from them and need input.I checked the prices on the parts and thinking of leaning towards LMC.I current have the engine out which I have torn down Thursday with the engine block,heads,rods and pistons and crankshaft at the machine shop waiting on these.I minus well take care of this stuff too.
I've had good experiences with Brother's and LMC, but as others have mentioned, prices are a little high. Have you checked out Classic Industries? I always check to see if they have the parts I'm looking for before LMC and Brother's as CI has much cheaper prices for good quality stuff. Shipping is fast and their customer service is excellent.
rice square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:51 AM   #12
Sabaka454

Brother's royally screwed me and set me back weeks on a project build. My experience with them was less than stellar. No quality control, two left sides, parts missing, poor communication, non-responsive to, it was a mess. I had to spell it out for them and they still couldn't get it right. It was a time suck and revealed poor customer service when I basically spoon fed them the information needed to rectify it they still did a major disservice to me. Never again.

LMC has screwed up on me many times but always makes good and has good customer service which is what's most important to me. Good luck
Sabaka454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:31 PM   #13
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

I've had good luck with both
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #14
duallydude63

try golden state truck parts also
duallydude63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:35 PM   #15
lilpoindexter

LMC sent my stuff in separate orders because some stuff was back ordered...and i got charged for shipping twice...they also sent some hard brakelines bent 180 degrees to make the part smaller so it fit in a smaller container. i will never buy from them again.
Brothers lost catalogs I requested twice...i read some reviews of them here, and i am glad i never got there catalogs.
I've liked classic industries, classic parts, and even summit.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:18 PM   #16
Redneck Rydes

I deal with Classic Parts of America and GMC Pauls.Got a rear glass rubber form LMC, and it was 2 inches to long,phoned them up, and the answer was "that happens sometimes " not the answer I was looking for,never buy from them again!
Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 07:08 PM   #17
Willowrun

Depending on where you're at in MI it might be worth it to look at NPD. They have a warehouse/storefront in Canton so I just order online then drive there to pick it up, especially for things like bumpers.

https://www.npdlink.com/store/?device=desktop
Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:57 PM   #18
808_67C10

Same here with Brothers. I live in Hawaii and it is expensive to ship anything here. Most companies will work with me to make it cost effective for me but, not Brothers... they were rude and my stuff showed "in stock" but, set me back on my last build due to back order. I didn't know till it wasn't in the shipment. Bad Bidness!!!

Classic Parts is my preference. Nothing but good things to say about them...
67 C/10 SOLD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489298
79 K5 Blazer SOLD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=657461
808_67C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #19
zach_carver

I quit ordering from Brothers when they would take a payment on part order and immediately email me telling me parts were out of stock and take awhile for me to receive. I order everything from Truck and car shop a lot.

LINK TO SUPER SNOOPY C10 BUILD---> http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=689283

1977 C10 SILVERADO HAWAIIAN BLUE, 5/5" DROP, LS6/4L80E

1976 CHEVY K5, 350/350, YUBA GOLD/SADDLE
zach_carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:58 AM   #20
Tiger Joe

First square we restored with lmc parts was finished in 2004. Most recent finished this October. No doubt parts quality they sell went downhill in that timeframe.

No joke some parts we just started ordering 2 of each so we could send back the crappier of the 2.
Tiger Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:51 AM   #21
72c20customcamper

I wont order from brothers any more. Every order I have done has something on back order and shipping is high. My last order was for the BRB6772 billet din bezel Only thing I ordered and the shipping was 15$ figured since it was on sale for 59$ reg 99$ I would go for it. Get the confirmation and then 4 days later the backorder email. This was 4 weeks ago so I cancelled . 3 out 3 orders I cancelled due to back orders.

So much for their big "sale"
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote