The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-10-2016, 06:59 PM   #1
71ChevySS(straight6)

Exclamation Water Temp sensor on a 250/wiring diagram??

Hello all! Haven't posted in a while. I need to ask all of you, how do I wire in an aftermarket water temp gauge? The sender is on the side of the block. The original connection for the dummy light (I'm assuming, my truck has the basic gauge package, speedo and fuel) is broken off/fried. Actually, basically every connection on the end of the harness is fried (anyone have a good wiring diagram I can look at?). Anywho, on the sender, there are two exposed prongs. I'm assuming the signal wire attaches to one, and the ground to the other?

Also, did I torque the flywheel and pressure plate bolts tight enough? Flywheel is at 65 ft-lbs, pressure plate bolts are 35 ft-lbs.

Thanks everyone!

Rat rod build: 1949 Crosley Station Wagon body on 1993 Dodge D350 chassis, Cadillac 500 powerplant.
71ChevySS(straight6) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
SS Tim

Re: Water Temp sensor on a 250/wiring diagram??

Sounds like a factory service manual would be very helpful to you. There is a link to downloadable pdf copies in my signature.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:55 PM   #3
88Ironduke

Re: Water Temp sensor on a 250/wiring diagram??

The indicator light is a green wire coming the bulkhead connector to the front drivers of the head on your 250 assuming its not the integrated head stuff... Factory lights (no gauges) should be a single spade terminal switch, the ground is made thru the switch into the head to turn on the light. The color wiring diagram has a pretty good break out, even though its for a V8 its still relevant to your six cylinder.

Paul

My Build Thread: Project 72' Green
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=587932
88Ironduke is offline   Reply With Quote