The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2015, 01:30 AM   #13
Pappyx3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad61c10 View Post
I'm replacing my front suspension on my 61 with an 83 front clip, can someone show me where the bolts on the 83 are to drop the front suspension. Also I need to change out the rear axel and I'd prefer to use the axel from the 83, would that work on my 61.
Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Bad61c10,

There are 5 bolts on each side of the crossmember that are used to attach the crossmember to the frame. The bolts are located behind the engine mounting brackets. Sorry I can't send you pics to show you. I'm away and don't have pics on my phone.

Yes you can use the rear diff from an 83 C10. The 83 rear end is approx 1 1/2" longer then one used on the 60-62 trucks. You will have remove the axle perches from the 83 rear diff and weld new ones back on. I used perches made by captainfab on this forum to replace mine, and highly recommend them.
Some things to consider when changing to the wider diff are you planning to lower the truck, what type of wheel and size tire are you wanting to put one the back.
Posted via Mobile Device
Pappyx3! is offline   Reply With Quote