The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2022, 12:54 AM   #1
WORSTxONE

New to me 77 K30

Hello all, names Thomas. I recently got help from my brother in law and best friend buying a 77 K30 from my uncle. He bought it for the Dana 60 and 14 bolt rear. Now here is the bummer part, my uncle kept the axles. Which isn't the best but isn't the worse. My brother in law had a set of axles out of a 83 K20 so we installed those last weekend and I brought it home. I believe they are a Corporate 10 bolt and a Semi-Float 14 bolt. For what I plan to do with this truck is to use it as a work truck for fixing some farm and construction equipment from my side hustle. Later on I plan to swap in some beefier axles, but I have to hustle first. It was a farm truck but luckily the only "farmer" modification is a hooky push start switch wired in. And the only safety issue is the hinge mounts on the drivers door are ripping the sheet metal, so I am picking up a couple matching complete doors this week. Anyway here is what I got.

Oh and the best part is that its a FLAT BED!!!!!

Side note, I forgot that I found some matching 16" wheels and am getting tires this week. The wheels match the front style but aren't 16.5s. LOL Over all it's a decent solid truck. Has a 350, SM465, and a NP205. It needs a carb or the carb to be rebuilt/fiddled with. But all in all I am happy with not only the truck but the potential.

Last edited by WORSTxONE; 01-11-2024 at 03:02 AM.
WORSTxONE is offline   Reply With Quote