The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2005, 01:14 AM   #1
chevy72blu

Did GM make a non-vortec center bolt head?

Ok- I just got in a lengthy argument with an employee of a local performance part shop. I told him about how I modified my non-vortec intake to work with my 1.94/1.5 Vortec heads. He told me that the only difference was the bolt angles- and said there was nothing wrong with my set-up. After that, he proceeded to tell me that Vortec heads ONLY have 8 bolts, and all of the bolts are perpendicular(He showed me an intake like this, and its certainly not what mine looks like). I told him that I knew mine were vortec's
[I know they are vortecs. I assembled them myself- and my mechanic friend gave me a big lesson on what makes a vortec head a vortec head- showing me the differences. We honed the bowls in his shop].

He said that my heads arent vortec, and they are just an early Center-bolt style stock GM head.

Am I totally wrong here? Did I get ripped off when I bought my heads? This guy totally confused me!

'72 C20 SWB convert. 5 lug, LS1/4l60e

Last edited by chevy72blu; 05-18-2005 at 01:15 AM.
chevy72blu is offline   Reply With Quote