The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #26
slomotion
Old Duffer

Re: Stacey David, what's up with his?

With all of those shows, I wish they would tell us what a project/part costs in real everyday dollars.

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #27
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

That would be enlightening -- they'll probably never do it because it would discourage a lot of viewers, who might then simply lose interest and tune out.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #28
Frkypunk70

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomotion View Post
With all of those shows, I wish they would tell us what a project/part costs in real everyday dollars.
Realistically, I have a pretty good idea of what most of those parts cost and they are normally WAY, out of my budget. It's funny how nice a vehicle you can build, when someone else is footing the bill. It's kinda like, when Norm Abrams whip out a laser guided saw and tells you "any homeowner can do this"
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #29
fastwillie 696969
~Rest In Peace~

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomotion View Post
Freebie

B___H please, I can remove 90% of your so called "beauty" with a kleenex
fastwillie 696969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #30
Frkypunk70

Wow!..., I just laughed my butt off over this old thread I started...hope you enjoy it as much as I did re-reading it...lol
Old 10-07-2013, 04:14 AM   #31
Ron 586
RIP Mr Ron

Glad to see that you hung around Frkypunk70. Love your siggy.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

TN Message Forum

TN Facebook Group

SETN Truck Show

My Photobucket
Ron 586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #32
special-K
Special Order

I guess he should shave his head,grow a goatee,tattoo his arms,cross them,wear shop shirts,loose ankle length pants/shorts,and act pissed off. Some have to have "the look" to counter their lack of talent and some have talent,which generally means they don't follow trends that someone else set.
It is a funny thread. All TV gets on my nerves in one way or ten. I like things natural and you won't find that where producers and advertisers run the show and just chose who they want to set out front. Stacey David is a rare one who is there for his talent,and believe it or not,his happy personality. I'd rather spend the day in his shop than 35 minutes around Jesse James.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #33
Ron 586
RIP Mr Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I guess he should shave his head,grow a goatee,tattoo his arms,cross them,wear shop shirts,loose ankle length pants/shorts,and act pissed off. Some have to have "the look" to counter their lack of talent and some have talent,which generally means they don't follow trends that someone else set.
It is a funny thread. All TV gets on my nerves in one way or ten. I like things natural and you won't find that where producers and advertisers run the show and just chose who they want to set out front. Stacey David is a rare one who is there for his talent,and believe it or not,his happy personality. I'd rather spend the day in his shop than 35 minutes around Jesse James.
That just about says it all. I agree.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

TN Message Forum

TN Facebook Group

SETN Truck Show

My Photobucket
Ron 586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #34
Madtat

Why do his guitars match his cars?
Madtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #35
Frkypunk70

Just thought it was amusing...I love the people on this site ...although it is a revolving door. I come for a bit ..disappear for a bit, but I always drive my 70
Old 10-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #36
boatpuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron 586 View Post
That just about says it all. I agree.
Yup, I agree too. At least Ol' Stacey doesn't walk around like he's got a full diaper. As for J. James....Very talented....But..My Momma taught me "if you ain't got nuthin good to say don't say anything".....I'm not sayin nuthin.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #37
special-K
Special Order

Yep,Jesse James is extremely talented. He just can't handle being that good.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 10-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #38
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

I've watched all of Stacey David's shows and I really can't say anything bad except that the shows end to early and what he calls budget is a full pay check to the average HARD working American. The first one I watched was the Inline 6 video he did and i could say it was good but a V8 would still smoke the little 6. He said they have TONS of torque( his would only have about 240 foot pounds after all the mods). But his show are great! T.J.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #39
Frkypunk70

Talent is talent...really does it matter how someone looks? When I hear tattoos and piercing I think I got gramps mad.. again....except he has been dead since 77. If your good at what you do"..how you look means nothing. I have no tattoos or piercing .l.but I do have OCD
Old 10-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #40
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

I don't care about how he looks or laughs or throws things. The throwing actually makes me laugh! He throws things cause it usually makes things funny. Not like he's breaking the dang thing!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #41
jitteryguy
GoatLube Experss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodak68 View Post
Yeah I think he makes everyone's wife or girlfriend crazy and maybe guys watch just because they know the wifey will go elsewhere. I've been watching his shows for years and even though he is more infomercial then information I still like some of his projects and still watch now and then. I want to see that cornbinder ceo done up. And whats up with the dog?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyoldman View Post
Dude that's called football! Dun dun dun da...du dunt....dunt ta duduh dunt ta da duh...du dunt!
my girlfriend watch's all the car show's on TV and dare's me to change the channel when she's watch'n football.
as far as Stacey, I watch to see the project's not to look at his jean's.
'92 S10 350/350
'84 MonteCarlo 383/PG/9"ford
'78 Malibu wagon 350/350
'78 Cutlass (project family car)
'96 S10 Jimmy (Moma's)
jitteryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #42
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frkypunk70 View Post
Talent is talent...really does it matter how someone looks? When I hear tattoos and piercing I think I got gramps mad.. again....except he has been dead since 77. If your good at what you do"..how you look means nothing. I have no tattoos or piercing .l.but I do have OCD
I agree,that's my point. Not saying anything against tattoos (or piercings),I have tattoos (and had a pierced ear a short while...in '76 ). Just comparing what's "in" now compared to Stacey with his "out dated" look...or whatever the issue a person might have with his looks. I don't understand how anyone can be so concerned with how someone chooses to look. Not saying there aren't people who go so far that few can help but wonder. The tossing is a humorous gesture that became a trademark. Heck,I've tossed parts too

Tim

Old 10-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #43
JON67
Lootie Stole My Truck

I have not watched his shows much, at least since trucks, but I am not sure I have seen him do anything that would constitute "talent" it seems he wrenches on some parts that the shows' interns had already pre done. all the bolts and such come off way too easy, and he comes away way too clean for it to be real. maybe I just miss the point of shows like this though.
JON67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #44
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I agree,that's my point. Not saying anything against tattoos (or piercings),I have tattoos (and had a pierced ear a short while...in '76 ). Just comparing what's "in" now compared to Stacey with his "out dated" look...or whatever the issue a person might have with his looks. I don't understand how anyone can be so concerned with how someone chooses to look. Not saying there aren't people who go so far that few can help but wonder. The tossing is a humorous gesture that became a trademark. Heck,I've tossed parts too
I only toss parts when I'm mad!
Old 10-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #45
boatpuller

I also dont judge by tats and piercing......my problem with james is his whiner poor me attitude.i think he could take some tips from staceys happy go lucky style.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #46
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I never watched his show when he was building that copper truck. I got so sick of hearing about it on this board I refused to watch.

Then I caught one of his old episodes in a rerun ... I was still sick of hearing about that truck but I felt kinda bad that I had judged him without even watching. He really seems to be a pretty ok fella ... very likeable.

I cant comment on his looks or his clothes because Im about as far from perfect in looks and clothes as it gets lol.

And Tim an ear ring in 79 ??? Heck back then no males around here wore them because everyone was pretty sure if you wore an ear ring in a certain ear it meant that you batted for the other team ... lol ... and no one knew which ear that was

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #47
meatwagon83

i like him, he is genuine, unlike the crap crop of biker wanna be shows on these days!
Old 10-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #48
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
And Tim an ear ring in 79 ??? Heck back then no males around here wore them because everyone was pretty sure if you wore an ear ring in a certain ear it meant that you batted for the other team ... lol ... and no one knew which ear that was
No,1976! I cut my long hair (to what many would still think is long hair now) and wasn't sure how comfortable I was with looking so "acceptable". I was listening to Bonnie Raitt's song,"That Song About The Midway" and the line "He stood out like a ruby,in a black man's ear" got me thinking about a man with an earring. I was thinking more like genies (Mr. Clean) pirates.bikers,surfers,and such. Never occurred to me about the guys batting for the other team. The nurse asked which ear and I told her the right. My thinking was it wouldn't stand out as much while driving. I had people telling me I had it on the other team's side,but all the guys from the other team I saw had them on the left. I drove across the country a couple months later. In San Francisco a girl told me that it meant you were married/taken,there. I thought that was really funny! It seemed with an earring it was the first thing people looked at and wondered what it meant. It didn't mean anything. I decided to take it out after a few months.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 10-08-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #49
kcsa75

Is his show still on since Speed Channel went away?

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #50
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by JON67 View Post
I have not watched his shows much, at least since trucks, but I am not sure I have seen him do anything that would constitute "talent" it seems he wrenches on some parts that the shows' interns had already pre done. all the bolts and such come off way too easy, and he comes away way too clean for it to be real. maybe I just miss the point of shows like this though.
You're right,it's not real...it's TV. But,he is known to be a true wrencher/fabricator. AND,he plays guitar! When I look around I mostly see musicians who can't work on cars or mechanics who can't play music. When you find someone who does both it says they probably have talent in about anything they do. Again,from what "I've" seen. Jeff Beck is a prime example of a limitless skill in both guitar playing and hot rod building. Very rare

Tim