The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-18-2014, 10:38 PM   #1
Bigdock

67-72 brothers reproduction steering column

I'm wanting to swap over to 67-72 steering column for tilt steering but factory units around home are drying up and I seen this 67-72 reproduction column in the brothers book and was hoping somebody had one that could testify to how good or bad it is thanks for the help
Bigdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:34 PM   #2
Bigdock

Re: 67-72 brothers reproduction steering column

I know the thread is old but I hit a lot of body work that was unexpected and never got around to getting a steering column was hoping by now somebody has tried the repro brothers steering columb
Old 10-07-2015, 07:21 AM   #3
jb9281

I used CPP 67-72 chrome tilt column on my truck. It fit with only a small amount of modification. You will need a spline universal with one end double d
to fit our old steering shaft.
jb9281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
Bigdock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb9281 View Post
I used CPP 67-72 chrome tilt column on my truck. It fit with only a small amount of modification. You will need a spline universal with one end double d
to fit our old steering shaft.
I'm running rack and pinion so I have the 2 joints and a piece of shaft to hook back up when you say amount of modification what do mean?
Old 10-07-2015, 02:18 PM   #5
jb9281

Our old steering column has a double d output shaft, the 67-72 steering shaft is a spline output shaft. The 66-72 CPP steering column fits our 66 c10 just as good as a 66 column without any mods. The reverse switch and backup light hookup just like the 66 column.
jb9281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:08 PM   #6
88k5jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdock View Post
I'm running rack and pinion so I have the 2 joints and a piece of shaft to hook back up when you say amount of modification what do mean?
Did you ever use the 67-72 Brothers truck column and if so, what part number was it? Were you able to use the stock under dash bracket/e-brake bracket? Any other mods? I'll be attaching to a rack and pinion also.
88k5jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:21 PM   #7
Bigdock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88k5jimmy View Post
Did you ever use the 67-72 Brothers truck column and if so, what part number was it? Were you able to use the stock under dash bracket/e-brake bracket? Any other mods? I'll be attaching to a rack and pinion also.
I'm actually doing it this weekend had family issues come up and haven't worked on truck in 3 months but hopefully after the weekend I can be more help I'll have to get the part # this evening but it looks pretty straight forward I'm not running a e brake so I'm not for sure if the bracket will work
Old 03-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #8
88k5jimmy

Quote:
I'm actually doing it this weekend had family issues come up and haven't worked on truck in 3 months but hopefully after the weekend I can be more help I'll have to get the part # this evening but it looks pretty straight forward I'm not running a e brake so I'm not for sure if the bracket will work
Appreciate it. Please let me know how it works out and how you secure it on the dash end. Also curious if the columns are the same length overall (from wheel mounting to end of shaft through the firewall)

Thanks
Old 03-15-2016, 06:09 PM   #9
Bigdock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88k5jimmy View Post
Appreciate it. Please let me know how it works out and how you secure it on the dash end. Also curious if the columns are the same length overall (from wheel mounting to end of shaft through the firewall)

Thanks
Got it mocked up I guess you could say everything was good pretty straight forward wiring was a breeze since I'm putting a whole new harness best I could think of for mounting it in the cab is when I get the seat installed so I can see exactly where I want it I'll probably drill 2 holes in the column and tap them and run 2 short bolts in there to hold it and didn't hook up to rack and pinion yet cause I'm unsure of exactly where column Wil be and didn't want to cut my shaft to short the part # for my column is csc6772
Old 08-23-2016, 02:25 PM   #10
88k5jimmy

Quote:
Got it mocked up I guess you could say everything was good pretty straight forward wiring was a breeze since I'm putting a whole new harness best I could think of for mounting it in the cab is when I get the seat installed so I can see exactly where I want it I'll probably drill 2 holes in the column and tap them and run 2 short bolts in there to hold it and didn't hook up to rack and pinion yet cause I'm unsure of exactly where column Wil be and didn't want to cut my shaft to short the part # for my column is csc6772

Any updates? I just received the same column. Did you use the factory pre 67-72 steering wheel and if so did you have to perform any mods to get it to fit?

Thanks