The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2020, 12:30 PM   #251
Budman56

Re: Hood & fender emblems

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rN@te61 View Post
This is what I did since the original ones like Budman posted or so expensive. I really like it. Its from a rambler.
I love it! and yes they are expensive I had to wait 7 years to be able to get one for my truck and I had to pay $1000 for the one I got.

......................_____
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/
Budman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 08:40 PM   #252
Fordchik66

I realize this is an old old thread. Hoping someone might share some insight.

As my user name states I am actually die hard ford truck girl. Well I should clarify...anything mid 90s or older. None of the new crap for me. <<<----Putting on flame suit now lmao. I OWN being the black sheep in an all chevy family.

Anyway....my dad died twenty years ago. I inherited a bunch of tools and misc stuff. One of the things in a box of tools were these beaver emblems. I ignored them for years and finally decided to figure out WTH they were/are. NOTHING....not google image, not a million searches by random words showed me anything. THIS forum/group is the ONLY place I found or I would still have no clue what they were or were for.

I'm betting my dad found them at some flea market at some point. While he had chevy /gmc trucks and even dump trucks I do not remember ever seeing these on any vehicle he ever owned.

Never dreamt they were as rare or desired as I'm reading about on this thread.

As far as condition....I know that can be subjective. I personally would give them a 9 pn a scale of 1-10. No pitting. They dang near look like new.

Apart from any extra info than was already discussed here if there is any more info etc it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

It's been YEARS since I've had to use or host photos so I am hoping these show up and it embeds in this thread.

Name:  IMG_20190625_205135.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  48.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20190625_205209.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  59.9 KB
Fordchik66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 06:50 AM   #253
Wingnut Way

[QUOTE=Fordchik66;9286460]I realize this is an old old thread. Hoping someone might share some insight.

I have no information on them than what has already been stated sadly. But I would be interested for my collection if you ever would want to part ways with them.
Wingnut Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 05:31 PM   #254
Fordchik66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut Way View Post

I have no information on them than what has already been stated sadly. But I would be interested for my collection if you ever would want to part ways with them.
Oh I definitely plan to sell them. I'd planned on posting/asking a couple years ago..hence when I made my account...but then life happens you know lol.

I figured any extra info would help when listing. And seeing nothing...ever...thought I might have one of those unicorn parts/accesories.

I do not want to break any type of rules on here. I did see where I think I can pay for 6 months to list them. IF PMing to make a sale is allowed...then I'd do that. HOWEVER I do feel since this IS the only place I found the info it would only be fair to pay the 15 bucks...IIRC....to the person who hosts the site and keeps it going.
Old 02-13-2024, 11:32 PM   #255
Rolland

I don't remember the specifics, but these were mounted on the cowl or maybe the side of the hood on certain models of Chevrolet big trucks from the 60's. I believe the idea was to say those trucks were hard working like a beaver. Somewhere in the 60-66 Chevrolet assembly manual there is a picture of one. I'm sure someone else knows more.

Last edited by Rolland; 02-14-2024 at 12:11 AM. Reason: corrections
Rolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 12:15 AM   #256
cwcarpenter98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordchik66 View Post
Oh I definitely plan to sell them. I'd planned on posting/asking a couple years ago..hence when I made my account...but then life happens you know lol.

I figured any extra info would help when listing. And seeing nothing...ever...thought I might have one of those unicorn parts/accesories.

I do not want to break any type of rules on here. I did see where I think I can pay for 6 months to list them. IF PMing to make a sale is allowed...then I'd do that. HOWEVER I do feel since this IS the only place I found the info it would only be fair to pay the 15 bucks...IIRC....to the person who hosts the site and keeps it going.
PM sales are NOT allowed.

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 09:06 AM   #257
Fordchik66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolland View Post
I don't remember the specifics, but these were mounted on the cowl or maybe the side of the hood on certain models of Chevrolet big trucks from the 60's. I believe the idea was to say those trucks were hard working like a beaver. Somewhere in the 60-66 Chevrolet assembly manual there is a picture of one. I'm sure someone else knows more.
So if I'm understanding you correctly these would have been on trucks larger than the 1/2, 3/4 or one ton trucks correct? I did see the copies of the manual and the part but it just said it's heavier duty.

So I'm wondering if it would have been for dump trucks...or what is it now? The kodiak? I know my dad had several 60s dump trucks....he owned his own business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
PM sales are NOT allowed.
Thank you! I thought I read they weren't and before even attempting to sell I was going to reread. I do need to dust off my paypal account to allow me access to the sales forum so I can list them here without breaking any rules.
Old 02-17-2024, 02:07 AM   #258
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Quote:
So if I'm understanding you correctly these would have been on trucks larger than the 1/2, 3/4 or one ton trucks correct? I did see the copies of the manual and the part but it just said it's heavier duty.

So I'm wondering if it would have been for dump trucks...or what is it now? The kodiak? I know my dad had several 60s dump trucks....he owned his own business.
they would have only been on the larger trucks (C/60, and C70) ,, they denoted an extra heavy duty frame and suspension for "off road operations such as logging and pit mining" very likely that if your dad had 60's dump trucks that he might have optioned for the extra heavy duty one and got these emblems.

great find , and thank you so much for the pictures of the actual thing!

Also could we get a measurement as to how big they are?

Last edited by jonzcustomshop; 02-17-2024 at 02:16 AM.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 12:41 PM   #259
Fordchik66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop View Post

Also could we get a measurement as to how big they are?
Thanks so much for the extra info. I am going to assume then...and you know what they say about that lol....that these probably did come on one of my dad's dump trucks and he just removed them.

As far as measurements....Just snapped these with a yardstick.

Completely accurate width is 6 3/4"

Overall height is 2 1/4"
The Beaver itself is 1 1/2" with the bottom part....the long part being 3/4"

It's a little hard to totally measure depth but the flatest part...the bottom is around a 1/4" and the beaver itself when mounted would protrude 1/2" from the fender.

Mounting pins...or whatever you want to call them are 1/2" in length.

Hope that helps with any or all dimensions.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2024, 01:21 PM   #260
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Quote:
Thanks so much for the extra info. I am going to assume then...and you know what they say about that lol....that these probably did come on one of my dad's dump trucks and he just removed them.

As far as measurements....Just snapped these with a yardstick.

Completely accurate width is 6 3/4"

Overall height is 2 1/4"
The Beaver itself is 1 1/2" with the bottom part....the long part being 3/4"

It's a little hard to totally measure depth but the flatest part...the bottom is around a 1/4" and the beaver itself when mounted would protrude 1/2" from the fender.

Mounting pins...or whatever you want to call them are 1/2" in length.

Hope that helps with any or all dimensions.
thanks for this info! so it looks like they would have been big enough to completely replace the usual emblem on the truck ( Viking, Spartan) , or were maybe placed near it.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 01:48 PM   #261
Fordchik66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop View Post
thanks for this info! so it looks like they would have been big enough to completely replace the usual emblem on the truck ( Viking, Spartan) , or were maybe placed near it.
On that I have NO idea. My knowledge of anything chevy is limited lol. But I assumed...again that word...that these replaced the standard emblem however you bring up an interesting point...were they placed under or near the original emblem?