The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-29-2022, 09:48 AM   #1
brandster

Trim/Body line question

Just got my truck back from getting the rockers replaced, cab corners and a few places in the floor fixed. Anyway, looks like my cab corner sits a little lower than my door which throws the body line off. If I adjust the door, it will end up making the alignment off with the front fender (door and fender line up good right now). I plan on using the 67/68 trim on this truck.
I'll have to raise the trim on the cab corner a little higher than the body line on the cab corner to make it align with the rest of the truck trim. Is that doable or will it just not look right? I don't have the trim at the moment to test it out with. Not going to be a show truck, but I at least want it to look right.
Attached Images

brandster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:54 AM   #2
Jason Banks

Re: Trim/Body line question

You can probably put the cab trim a little high and the door trim a little low. That would probably look OK at best. But probably not really noticeable...

Can't tell where they spliced in the cab corner, but it looks like it was below that body line.

I feel like there's always some type of compromise in aligning the doors, unless you can hang them and do all the metal work and paint with them on. You might inquire with whoever did the cab corners if they could section that body line to be higher, or add a little filler to make it better.

edit: I just noticed, it looks like the gap at the back of the door is larger at the top, than the bottom. Maybe they got the rocker high. I had to redo one of mine, even taking the doors on and off a dozen times...
Jason Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 11:16 AM   #3
brandster

Re: Trim/Body line question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Banks View Post
You can probably put the cab trim a little high and the door trim a little low. That would probably look OK at best. But probably not really noticeable...

Can't tell where they spliced in the cab corner, but it looks like it was below that body line.

I feel like there's always some type of compromise in aligning the doors, unless you can hang them and do all the metal work and paint with them on. You might inquire with whoever did the cab corners if they could section that body line to be higher, or add a little filler to make it better.

edit: I just noticed, it looks like the gap at the back of the door is larger at the top, than the bottom. Maybe they got the rocker high. I had to redo one of mine, even taking the doors on and off a dozen times...
Im thinking it probably is more of a rocker issue being to high, I don't have any room to twist the right side of door down because its already basically touching the rocker as it is.
At this point im just going to have to make it look the best I can with how it is. Already paid to have it hauled back and forth to the body place, took 5 months just getting those few things done. Never planned on a show truck, just a nice driver, so hopefully I can get the trim to line up without looking to bad.
brandster is offline   Reply With Quote