The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-10-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
jasonmiddlebrooks

Wield spot on frame

While stripping down my Dad's old 70 c10 I have noticed that the frame has been repaired on the driver side front where the engine crossmember and control arm are attached to the frame. My Dad drove it in this condition for 15+ years. He told me he wrecked it shortly after he bought it new in 70 so I am thinking this was one of the repairs done to it. The top of the frame is wielded, the crossmember is wielded to the frame, and there is some kind of brace wielded on the bottom inside of the frame. I am sure it is fine but was wondering what some other people think.

Below are the pictures which I am sure are hard to tell exactly the condition. Thanks for any comments or advice.
Attached Images

jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
cooperhw

Re: Wield spot on frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmiddlebrooks View Post
While stripping down my Dad's old 70 c10 I have noticed that the frame has been repaired on the driver side front where the engine crossmember and control arm are attached to the frame. My Dad drove it in this condition for 15+ years. He told me he wrecked it shortly after he bought it new in 70 so I am thinking this was one of the repairs done to it. The top of the frame is wielded, the crossmember is wielded to the frame, and there is some kind of brace wielded on the bottom inside of the frame. I am sure it is fine but was wondering what some other people think.

Below are the pictures which I am sure are hard to tell exactly the condition. Thanks for any comments or advice.
Looks a little crude but got the job done for over 15 years after the wreck. I say "don't fix it if it isn't broke.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #3
Chuckin

Re: Wield spot on frame

Like cooper said, if it worked for that long, it sounds fine.
However, if it is concerning to you, consider boxing the frame just in that area.

Chuckin - 68 Build Thread
Chuckin is offline   Reply With Quote