The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2002, 01:24 AM   #1
TheMattMan

Old Car & Truck Cruise 6/21 - 6/23

Hi guys......thought I would mention to the members around the Beaumont/Houston area that there is a cruise this weekend in Silsbee with old timey Drag Races on Sunday. Anyone who wants to drag race can at the old airport. I will also paste in the particulars if anyone in this area is interested. I will try to get pictures of trucks for you guys...maybe I could get me something to tow mine through the cruise Working to the last minute trying to get my wife's corvette finished for it.....put the 5th coat of clear on it tonight.

TheMattMan....

Cruise N Silsbee 2002 begins on June 21, a Friday, with hospitality night at West Gibson and YYFA parking lot on Business Hwy 96 North. Food and A street dance, Live music from Wishful Think'n Band. Registration is now $30.00. Includes Goody bags, T-shirt entry into the tri city cruise, you could win a 19 inch color t.v with remote with a built in VCR. If you complete the tri city cruise of Silsbee, Kountze, and Lumberton. There will be poker runs for cars and one for motorcycles. We will have a parade. We have three bands that will be playing throughout the event at different times.June 22, Saturday, is full of fun.Games, Music by area bands,the parade, the cruise, Food, LOTS restaurants to visit and stores to SHOP. Also KING KRUNCH will be crunching some cars throughout the day in a specified area of Silsbee on the Main hwy. Sunday June 23, will have a continental breakfast and devotional and the presentation of awards will be give along with a 50/50 jackpot. Also there are several things to be raffled off a 10x8 Gazebo Tent (with remote lighting) A remote car a 35mm camera and a one of a kind CruiseN Silsbee Clock donated by Jodeez Kustom Kartel of Lumberton. Tickets or $!.00 each or 6 for $5.00.. there is no gate charge to the show come see the cars and visit with the folks here. Sunday afternoon there will be old fashioned drag races at the old Evadale papermill airport. There is a $2.00 spectator charge and a charge for the cars racing, must be street cars and street legal.Insured, licensed.need more info call me Helene Hunt at 409 755 6508 or Brenda at 409 755 6932 or Richard at 409 385 2361. We also have a lot of surprises so come on out...Enjoy the FAMILY FUN..
TheMattMan is offline   Reply With Quote