The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2019, 10:52 PM   #1
SCC2560

1972 Burb Guy dropping in!

Hey there, new to the forum. Just looking for info and maybe some parts for my 1972 Chevy Suburban C20. I will post some pics as soon as I can figure out how to do that.
So here is what I am trying to accomplish. The purest are going to hate this or maybe not. I have 72 C20 that I want to convert to a K10
So far I picked up a 70 burb K10 frame and axles (6lug) but my debate is should I build the whole running gear on the new frame and swap the body or just take the hangers off and bolt them to my current c20 frame??? Has anyone done this already and maybe have some insight for me??? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well. Realistically I just want it to be a 4x4 daily driver on either 33’s or no bigger than 35’s. ( I actually like the 35s but I’m afraid the truck might be too tall to fit into my garage though so leaning a little more towards the 33’s I only have a 7 foot garage door Lol. But I’m not against cutting my garage door either tough decisions to make Haha)
SCC2560 is offline   Reply With Quote