The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
chris mc bride

resource for price comparison

Im getting ready to sign up as paying memebr next cpl days so I can sell some items. I was wondering if theres a site that sells lots of used parts where I can check pricing so I don't cheat myself or price something so high its a joke and Im stuck with more stuff in garage. If you know oif site that i can do some checking on and get idea of fair prices let me know. Ive check few ads here but can't find prices for all items.
chris mc bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
vectorit
What?

Re: resource for price comparison

Best thing to do is watch what the others on here are selling the same stuff for.
Stuff like seat belts you will find average between 50 to 80 bucks, and then hub caps average in the same ball park.

What I would do is just search for the parts you plan to put up for sale, see what the average prices are and then judge for yourself as to how yours matches up in quality.

Beware of shipping costs, and the time it will take you to properly package.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
BB72CHEVKT

[QUOTE=vectorit;4953464]Best thing to do is watch what the others on here are selling the same stuff for.
Stuff like seat belts you will find average between 50 to 80 bucks, and then hub caps average in the same ball park.

What I would do is just search for the parts you plan to put up for sale, see what the average prices are and then judge for yourself as to how yours matches up in quality.

Beware of shipping costs, and the time it will take you to properly package.[/QUOTE]

These are words of wisdom.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
k5kev

Ebay is a good source. Although I would say stuff on here goes typically a bit less as there are not any fees and not as many knuckle heads bidding stuff up too high. Plus most people on here are trying to help a fellow member out at the same, and not trying to squeeze every penny out of a sale.
k5kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
chris mc bride

Ive been using ebay for few years.Beleive me I know about the shipping crap got my butt drilled few times on that. Also had few probelms with ebay and started new accounts because of them. Yes there cost is unreal if you sale you pay more if you dpon't sale you still apy original ad fee,plus buyer is always right with them.
thankss for comments guys. Ill be advertising lots here shortly we still sorting out gandfathers stuff lots truck stuff and ton of model-t parts not sure best place to sell them other than ebay.
chris mc bride is offline   Reply With Quote