The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
big72red

GM LT4 "hot cam" questions

Has anyone on here had experience with this cam in a 350? I have a 350HO crate motor in my DD. It has a hydraulic flat tappet cam in it right now. I know that my engine shares the same block as the other factory roller cam blocks. I'm cosidering swapping the hot cam into my engine. I have a couple of questions though.

1. I know I'll need the cam, hydraulic roller lifters, "spyder" retainer, and valvesprings (going to use the Comp beehives for LS motors because they are said to go right onto to Vortec heads without machining). Assuming I will need shorter pushrods? Am I missing anything guys?

2. GM recommeds 1.6 rockers with this cam. All the specs on the cam are measured with 1.6 rockers as well. I'm thinking that I may go with 1.5 rockers to eliminate the need to enlarge the pushrod holes in the heads. I'd really prefer to swap this cam without pulling the heads. Valve lift with the 1.6s is .525" so it should measure .492" with 1.5s. Has anyone run this cam with 1.5 rocker arms?

Those are the questions....gimme your oppinions guys. Thanks in advance.
big72red is offline   Reply With Quote