The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #51
Cyclone44
Step Brother

Re: Bad transaction with "insanebehavior"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I disagree. This thread should remain available until the $175 is refunded along w/an apology to Shifty about the supposed 'theft' of the money.
$175 to be paid or he couldn't leave, I don't know Shifty, But look at his rep. he didn't get it from being a bad guy...Good luck getting your money back.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #52
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

insanebehaviors account is suspended due to him threatening law suits now. Insanebehavior had been asked several times between Josh and myself for proof that shifty was fabricating this story, and or that the emails and PMs within this post were not true. He did not answer any of those requests from us at any point in his correspondence.
The staff wanted him removed for abuse of the contact list (he got my number off it and called me over this) but again we gave him a chance to clear his name.
The deal breaker IMHO was the cracked frame. it was not disclosed and that is misrepresentation of a part. When Josh asked IB about this, IB stated he was not participating in an online courtroom. IB then contacted shifty again, and has threatened to bring a lawsuit against him.

We do not need nor tolerate users like that. Bad deals are just that, and insanebehavior has had every opportunity to refund the money, and or clear his name and has chosen not to.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:25 AM   #53
68 short step

sucks shifty got robbed and no refund...but is good no-one else will have the chance of gitting robbed too, by this nut case loser.....shifty thanks for this thread cause you saved alot of people from getting ripped off, lied to, and even potentially robbed or worse...
glad he isnt appart of this site anymore...first time ever i agree with Liz, great job...
Old 02-12-2008, 12:28 AM   #54
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
first time ever i agree with Liz, great job...
I'll 2nd that
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
Old 02-12-2008, 12:36 AM   #55
C10 Club Tennessee

I'll third it

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
Old 02-12-2008, 03:02 AM   #56
krue
Designated A-hole!

Glad to see him gone.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"

Last edited by krue; 02-12-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:08 AM   #57
toomanytoyz
Luv the Crewcabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by krue View Post
Glad to see him gone.
I will Agree with That, He made a Big Spalsh onto the Board with his Boasting & His Look at me Attitude. Really Kind of Sad that he Let his Ego Control him to end up at This Point...............

Rick
67 Fleet
68 Wrecker
68 Suburban
76 Crewcab
79 Gmc Dumptruck
84 Blazer
86 Crewcab Stepside
87 Iroc
89 GMC Plow Truck
91 Camaro Vert
96 Z71 Stepsde
Old 02-15-2008, 01:01 AM   #58
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

update, matter resolved
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty

Please see to it that all of the following text gets posted in the thread; I can't do it, the thread is locked:

Quote:
Quick update:

Mark has stepped up to the plate and resolved this matter. I received a Paypal payment of $180 ($175 + 3% Paypal fee) this morning and an explanation/apology (shown below) admitting that he realizes he was wrong and needed to clear up his side.

I (shifty) obviously can't post this myself (because it's locked), so I've asked a moderator to post this message on my behalf and consider deletion of this thread once everyone has adequate time to read the resolution that has been reached.
Quote:
Originally Posted by email to shifty from insanebehavior
The good news is by separating myself from the forum (thanks to the forum mgt) I am able to look at the situation that unfolded at my garage with an open mind. I do want to share with you a conversation I had with my wife last night. I told her that the funny thing was that I was resenting you because I saw some things in you that reminded me of me!! I must admit we have a lot of personality traits in common. Yes, I was very stubborn but you must understand I felt attacked and ganged up on and it did not present me with a compromising personality. I do understand that you did what you thought you needed to do at the time. There are many lessons here for both of us and I know for me when I over react too soon I find I say things I did not mean. You must understand that when I feel someone is trying to hurt me or disrespect me I go into the defense mode. I am sure you would too under the circumstances.

The only thing I can do is do what I need to do about me. I think the simple fact of the matter is that I did tell you that I could sell the frame later which I can. Even though I did the work on the frame sincerely because I thought I was doing you a favor I did them on my own……….you did not ask me to do anything. Therefore, when I emotionally reacted to you in my garage and asked you to pay it was not right. I violated a rule I try to practice which is think before I react. I find if I make a decision during the heat of an argument it is normally going to be wrong. I try to practice patience but quite honestly sometimes emotions get the best of me.

I feel in my mind it is best to send you your money. The only request I have from you is let’s drop this matter as far as you further debate. We could argue about this until the “cows come home” and it really does not make any difference. Hopefully we can both come out of this learning a lesson. I can only correct what I feel is wrong and move on. I have been thinking about what I would expect from you but I do not feel right about making any conditions about me sending you your money. What ever you do on the forum needs to be decided by you. If you make amends on the forum in our behalf fine, if you don’t I will feel no different. This is up to you.

I hope this meets with your approval and if you care to email me your paypal account again I will send you the $175….I think that is the right number.

Thanks,

Mark
Closed Thread