The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #26
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Re: Who would do this?

I've had stuff damaged through DHL and Fed Ex, and I've ate the part and the shipping. I don't use UPS they are to high priced. All companies just toss the boxes around and don't care. I have been lucky that in all my shipments and there has been quite a few in the 10 years, I've only had a handful of damages, DHL would never honor Insurance so that is why I dumped them. Fed Ex has honored Insurance a couple times. I wish you luck Jack, I'm not trying to bash the seller because I have been in his shoes, but I hope he comes through for you
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #27
DEISS

I love this website and value EACH and EVERY one of its members, the seller has let me know that I`ve got a check coming, I have no reason to think He is not a man of His word. You all have a good one, Jack.
DEISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #28
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
What is there to hear from the seller? The pictures tell the story. It wasn't packaged properly and that is the responsibility of the seller. Deiss isn't telling any more from his side of the story but facts. The part was packaged poorly,damaged in shipping,UPS denies responsibility due to poor packaging (there's your support for Deiss' side),the seller is showing signs he doesn't feel responsible,lied about an appeal and UPS agent going to bat,and now isn't answering his messages. I agree the seller should have a chance to defend. Not sure what he could say.
Soon...

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #29
chipflyer

Quote:
I love this website and value EACH and EVERY one of its members, the seller has let me know that I`ve got a check coming, I have no reason to think He is not a man of His word. You all have a good one, Jack.

That's good to hear Jack, bad deal for all involved but could have been avoided if a little more care had been taken to pack it.

Jeff

1971 Cheyenne Super K10 - tilt, cruise, air, am/fm, tow hooks, factory buckets!
1986 Jeep J10 pickup, - 5.3L Vortec with 4L60e and NP241.
chipflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #30
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEISS View Post
Super!
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #31
72lb4x4
Account Suspended

I think the lesson to be learned is that things need to be packed very well--much better than many people realize.

I've gotten stuff from people on this and other sites and the packing is usually pretty bad.

I'm reminded of the luggage commercial w/ the ape or monkey or whatever it was.
72lb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #32
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72lb4x4 View Post
I think the lesson to be learned is that things need to be packed very well--much better than many people realize.

I've gotten stuff from people on this and other sites and the packing is usually pretty bad.

I'm reminded of the luggage commercial w/ the ape or monkey or whatever it was.
You mean this??
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #33
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

The seller asked me to post this earlier this afternoon. Unfortunately I was unable to at the time.

I see the buyer has stated it was taken care of. I would like to post the sellers message as well still.

Quote:
I believe this has been resolved. I believe part of the concern on the buyers part was interpretation of the statement " you are out $275 and I am out a good 4 core radiator". From his perspective he took it literal. The owner of the ups store here said there was no way the claim should be denied..It was packed in foam, the edges were triple thick and that he would appeal. My intent on the statement was " while WE are waiting on ups...
You are out $225 and I am out a good 4 core radiator meaning the one I was going to send him as a replacement. Secondly the slow response on my part was taken as no response. I have 30 baby calves and I am working around the clock to keep them feed and warm. Anyway I have contacted Jack and told him the replacement radiator was not the correct action as I did not want future misunderstanding and that I would refund his money. A man of integrity expects to be believed and if not lets time prove him right. Feel free to post this in response to all that only had one side of the story. As far as I am concerned this is over and we have no hard feelings toward anyone especially Jack
With that posted, as I said earlier, it is easy to jump on a bash bandwagon when you only have one side of the story. I appreciate all the replies that were not within that. And am glad this issue was resolved quickly.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #34
stich626
Account Suspended

just an FYI for everyone..
UPS doesnot insure any package, the insurance you payfor is a 3rd party..
ups outsourced the insurance part years ago..
best bet is to have the ups store box the item or double box it.. (item in a box with foam,etc then that box inside another)
when done this way they don't refuse 99% of claims,
don't walk into a ups store and exspect the counter guy to "check" your packaging job..
most will, but it's not their job, unless they box it..
also, write "glass" fragile,
also, something thats 300.oo + and somewhat fragile, send it 2nd day
why, overnight and 2nd day are handled differently, the normal monkeys don't handle it as much..
like when I'd ship and the ups truck picked it up at work, the overnight and 2nd day, was unloaded buy the driver, not the overnight dock workers..
also nov/dec is the worst time to ship, as the temp help and volume of packages force the boxed to be tossed around..
double box everything..
even when use'n the usps flat rate boxes, put your box in the flat rate box..
packing class 101 is over, good luck

Last edited by stich626; 02-26-2011 at 03:24 PM.
stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #35
VA72C10
VA72C10

glad to hear this was resolved