The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #51
houndstooth

Re: payed no delivery what next

wow good of her to send my refund in a timely matter. and i replied to her on 8/24 for your info . i am not on this site much. huge deal i dont think so all i wanted was my part or my cash back if you find this as for the wait i wasnt going to CLEAR her name untill her check cleared which i still dont know .. like i said drama is over
houndstooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #52
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

exactly.. your drama is OVER
thanks for your reply again.

I will not rehash this over n over but anyone can see the refund was offered way back when. Use this as a lesson and move on... this subject is like beating a dead horse with a dummy stick
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #53
houndstooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
exactly.. your drama is OVER
thanks for your reply again.

I will not rehash this over n over but anyone can see the refund was offered way back when. Use this as a lesson and move on... this subject is like beating a dead horse with a dummy stick
you are the one that brought this up not me .. i wonder who should move on
cheers
houndstooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #54
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
you are the one that brought this up not me .. i wonder who should move on
cheers
I replied an hour and half after you did, so unless we are going backwards in time, you did and I replied. That is how a message board works, folks post and others reply. But I do thank you for trolling at this point, so I can give you a warning.

Quote:
III. No pissing matches. Its fine to disagree, but once a thread has run its course, and degenerated into little more than an insult fest, it will be locked. While this will require a judgment call by the Administrators & Moderators
Quote:
IV. Pure trolling, either to upset someone or simply for your personal
enjoyment, is strictly prohibited. If you're here to cause trouble, it will be a very short stay. Immediate BAN and you will be reported to your ISP.
So please do review the site rules before posting again. And consider this your one and final warning on the matter.

Perhaps it is indeed you whom should move on, before this becomes an actual problem.

Thanks!
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #55
Tink

There should be no issue on the check ‘clearing’… I sent a cashier's check which is guaranteed by a bank and typically treated as cash since most banks clear them instantly.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Cashier's checks are recognized as "guaranteed funds" and amounts under $5000 are not subject to deposit holds.
If you received your refund, does it really matter what became of the part? Why would I take someone's $ just for kicks, only to return it later? Filing a claim with USPS seems to go nowhere, and the result was that package was lost (meaning the postal service says it was not delivered at all). Without insurance the US post office didn't care whether the package was found or not. There is no method to recover lost shipments, unless insured. The online tracking for International bascially consists of an origin and destination scan – like with domestic Mail. There is no tracking that locates the package between my door and yours. USPS only guarantees delivery on EXPENSIVE shipping options.

To answer special-K... as far as what has 'become of me'... I have very little time to spend on the internet these days, so the time I have is devoted to keeping in touch with family via e-mail and moderating 2 forums that I am a part of. I come here to read through things and find info when I get time... there is a lot of great stuff here and a lot of knowledgeable people. When we get the 69 in the garage in a month or so, I hope to spend a little more time here.

Yes, I am slightly fed up with being repeatedly called out when I stated I was waiting to hear from the USPS... I am somewhat aggravated with the fact that other people think that I would actually consider screwing someone over on deal - that I would take something to the Post Office, get a receipt and ask for the item back and never send it - that appalls me! I have 100% good feedback on eBay and I have a good reputation on other forums.

Lesson I learned: I'll never sell anything to anyone outside of the US again.

And to those worried that I might screw them over… I never came here to sell anything. I happened to make a post looking for information on something. Several people offered to buy it and when I decided to sell it, I contacted the first person who contacted me. The package was lost, and I made repeated calls to USPS… all the information on how they handle inquiries and ‘claims’ is on thier website here: http://www.usps.com/insuranceclaims/intlclaims.htm.

So, the long and short is, I apologized to houndstooth in PM and I do so again now in ‘public’ for the delay in refund – what more can I do? The package was lost, the refund was made.

88 Sierra

02 2500 Suburban
And too many S10s to list!
Tink is offline   Reply With Quote