The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

deal resolved

Laplander posted pics of bucket seats he bought from Sharpie1972 on the board then put them on ebay.I hit buy now and payed with paypal.He sent message thru the truck board pm not to use paypal but send him MO.I cancelled paypal and sent him postal mo on 5th april to * personal info removed* I emailed him after a week and he confirmed he received mo and would ship seats the next day.I have not received the seats and he will not respond to emails nor has he logged onto the board since.I have requested contact # from ebay twice and they said they would send by email but have not.I tried to file claim with ebay and they sent me bullcrap emails for a week then told me it was past the 45 day limit after they jerked me around a week to make it so.I am filing internet fraud case against Laplander "personal info removed" .I am sending all my emails with ebay to better business beaurea to show that I tried to file claim a week before 45 days was up and making a complaint against ebay.Ebay shows he is no longer a registered user.He was suppose to be moving and I have no new address.If anyone knows Nik personally or has a contact # I would appreciate any help.

Last edited by Liz; 05-17-2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: personal info removed
67/72junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: laplander,don't deal with

edited out personal info. I hope he is just tied up with moving. Let us know if you hear from him
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

I hope that is what the problem is and I will make apoligiy for this post.He has not answered any emails in over a month and now that he is no longer a registered ebay user i can't even send him and email any more.all I have is the mailing address he emailed me after sending pm thru the board.I would not be upset with delayed shipping if he would just contact me and let me know whats up.I have had a delay or 2 in shipping and item myself but I have always maintained go contact with the buyer and never let anyone down on there purchase.Was really hoping someone would have a contact # so I could call and straighten this up.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

Received email from Laplander today with contact # and am expecting return call later today.Hopefully all will go good now.I am happy now that I have contact.Don't mind the delay as long as I have contact and know whats up.I have not left any negative feed back on ebay only tried to get contact #.I did make complaint to BBB against ebay for not sending contact # after receiving email 2 times stating I would and then not receiving it after talking on the phone with representative stating I would.I sent mo because Laplander is a long time board member and I had seen no negative remarks and I trusted because of this.Be very careful on deals thru ebay as they are no help if something happens .At least not in my case.

Last edited by 67/72junkie; 05-23-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

did you get your stuff?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

Re: laplander

I received email with his ph# on the 22 may.I called him and he said he had been out of town on job training.Said the seats were in his truck boxed and ready to ship he needed my address again.Said he would get tracking # to me as soon as shipped and I have not heard from him since.I have called twice and left message to call or email me. No response!It has been 2 months since I paid him and the seats were suppose to be in the box ready to ship when I sent payment.I am a very easy person to deal with as long as you keep in contact and don't avoid me but this is just bad business.I will never deal with him again no matter how this turns out.I am going to give it another week or so and then I am going to contact the police department closest to the address I have and see what can be done.I will be going to CA again in sept and coming home thru NM so I can stop in at local police if needed.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:14 AM   #7
laplander

First of all Donald, you posted this blasting me and then conveniently forgot to include the part where after you won the auction your payment bounced. That's right, it bounced. You said you were waiting for some money after you used the buy it now and then you waited a week to send payment and then that payment thru Paypal BOUNCED. I had asked you to send a m.o. to begin with, but you said payment had already been made, then three days later you said your bank had made a mistake and caused your account to get overdrawn. You didn't cancel it, it BOUNCED. If you would like, I could post that email on here. I don't believe in airing someone's dirty laundry, but since you tried my personal info, I guess I can make an exception this one time.

I thought I was being cool about it by letting you send a m.o. after that little fiasco instead of telling you to forget it. I told you then that I had started a new job and was going to be traveling a lot for training, but I would send them out as soon as I could and you were fine with that. Then you sent a m.o. which happened to come while I was out of town so that was another couple of weeks. Then it was another couple of weeks while I had to wait for the m.o. to clear and then for Paypal to pull that payment out of my checking account, because I had sent it thru and deposited it. My time frame for shipping these was narrow and then it got screwed up because it took so long for everything involving the payment to be finalized. If you want to complain about the slow shipping, fine. But don't get all high and mighty and puff out your chest when this whole problem started with your bouncing a payment. Your seats were dropped at the shippers when I got home, and don't worry, there will NEVER be any more business done between us.

Last edited by laplander; 06-07-2010 at 12:51 AM.
laplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:19 AM   #8
laplander

Here's the email you sent to me.

"No problem was just checking.I knew you were planning a move and busy.I'm in no rush just wanted to make contact.Mo took a little longer than usual to get to you for some reason,I mailed it on the 5th.On the paypal side either send a refusal for the $330 I sent thru them or do not give them a tracking # for the seats so they will credit that back to me.My bank account that was connected to paypal had been inactive for so long there was a mix up and they automaticly drew the money out I had deposited and put it in my savings.They refused paypal but paypal cedited your account anyway and has me - $330 Thanks for the good deal on the seats and I hope your move is going ok Donald"

Last edited by laplander; 06-07-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #9
laplander

And here's one of the PMs you sent me on the board.

"Well you don't have to worry about getting the money from paypal.I got a letter from the bank today saying they didn't make the payment and charged me and overdraft fee due to insuffient funds after I just put the money in the bank and have the deposit slip in my pocket.I am going to the bank as soon as they open up monday morning and raise hell.I will pick up a postal mo monday and get it in the mail. Thanks"
Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #10
sharpie1972
Account Suspended

Hi Nick, good to see a response from your side. Sharpie
sharpie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #11
laplander

You know Sharpie, I HATE posting stuff up like that, but I'm not going to let someone trash me like that when there was no cause for it. If he hadn't bounced the payment to me, NONE of this would have happened. I could have dropped the seats off and been done with it. After he informed me of the "bank problem" it made me wonder about the whole deal and that was why I made sure his m.o. had cleared before I would ship them. I even told him that I was going to be gone for training for a while and he told me he was in no rush. That was why when work extended my stay out of town I didn't think there would be a problem. If I had bounced a payment to someone I wouldn't have had the nerve to say something like this on a public forum, let alone try publishing their personal info online. I wasn't on here sending emails to people I thought he had done business with to ask if they had his contact info after his payment went boing, boing.

Maybe I'm too laid back and trusting, but even when I bought some expensive stuff off here and didn't get it for a month I wasn't too worried. The seller had told me he wouldn't be able to ship them for a couple of weeks because of work and then forgot about them till I reminded him. I understand sh#@ happens and didn't worry about it. The seller got them sent and even though it took almost 6 weeks, the seller was happy and I was happy, so what if it took a little longer than expected. This guy is screaming internet fraud and wants to call the cops after I was nice enough to let him send a m.o. AFTER the first payment was no good? Unreal...............
Old 06-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #12
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

laplander, thank you for posting your side of the deal and clearing things up. I will edit the title to reflect that and not mar your name.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #13
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

Re: deal resolved

I bought the seats buy it now on the sat night 27th march.I went to the bank monday morning on the 29th and deposited the money.I sent payment with paypal on the 30th at 1 o clock after deposit cleared.Paypal sent the money on the 30th and acknowledged payment received.I received email and pm from you on the afternoon of the 31st after paypal sent saying not to send paypal that you had dispute with paypal saying that someone did not receive rims from you and paypal had taken money from your account.I replied that I would find out how to withdraw paypal payment and send money order as you requested.I had not used the account attached to my paypal in over a year and the bank had it closed and put the money in my savings.I received and overdraft of $35 but the bank refunded my money and reopened my account when they saw it was their error.I picked up postal money order on the monday 5th of april and mailed.I sent email to you on the 15th of april asking if you had received payment.You responded the same day saying you had the mo and would ship the seats next day that they were still boxed as received from Dennis.I asked you to go to paypal and refuse payment that I sent thru them so they would credit my money back to my account.I received credit the next day.I waited several weeks and sent you emails.On may 22nd I received email from you dated may 21st with ph # saying to call you. I did and you said call back later you were having dinner with family.I called back several times and got up with you on the 24th and you said you needed my address again and would ship the seat right out that they were in the back of your truck.I waited a week and tried to call back several times but always got voice mail.I called back on friday june the 4th and left voice mail stating that I would wait 1 week and then I was going to file charges for internet fraud.I finally received the seats on fri june 11th and the shipping date on them was monday june the 7th almost 2 months after you told me they would be in the mail the next day.They were not boxed just wrapped in plastic and had 73 up blazer mounts stuck between the seats not correct 72.I have receipt dated from postal mo I sent and shipping label from the seats showing date you shipped.As soon as I find out how to bring pm to this thread I will add dated pm received from you stating to send mo not paypal after payment was already made.I understand delays and am easy to work with but you just plain lied to me and ignored me.I will never deal with you again and would advise anyone else that this is the way you do business.

Last edited by 67/72junkie; 06-13-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #14
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

3/31/10 Don't send the payment via paypal.I just got an email from them that a guy I sold a set of mags to 2 and a half months ago is now saying that he didn't receive them,so they deducted the money from my account until I can get proof of shipment sent in.If you want them send me a mo instead.Thanks Nik This is in my pm messages received. Liz or any other moderator who can tell me how to move it here can do so to show that Nik is the one who wanted mo after paypal payment was made. I also have a copy of and email he sent to my yahoo account the same day stating the same thing and giving his mailing address.Also the part about waiting for mo to clear is inaccurate.I sent postal mo and the po or bank will cash it on the spot no waiting.I went to the post office last week to see about filing mail fraud on the mo after I called and left voicemail and had to pay $5 for and inquiry.The mo was already cashed when you sent the email on april the 15th.

Last edited by 67/72junkie; 06-13-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #15
laplander

Donald, I guess you seem to think that I should have shipped the seats as soon as the m.o. arrived, even with all of the chaos it with Paypal and my account. I was not going to ship anything till that money order cleared, and then I had to wait for Paypal to pull that amount out of my account, because you BOUNCED a payment. I don't care what your excuse is, it bounced. When that happened, I was already into my training schedule, which I thought you understood was going to keep me out of town for a while. So 19 days after you used buy it now, I got your payment. Then came the waiting for it to clear and the waiting for Paypal to yank the money out of my account to cover your BOUNCED payment. At that point we are looking at over a month for that to happen. I didn't respond to Paypal because you said to not give them any info so they would credit your account. Then I had to wait for them to deduct it from my checking because I had sent your bad payment thru. By that point I was living in a hotel in another state training and was able to get home a day or so a week on Sunday. My UPS place is only open from 4-6pm M-F, so that posed a little bit of a problem. The only way around it is to drop them off at a local drop point, but then I don't get a tracking number till they ship them. The seats have been in the Suburban waiting to ship for several weeks, waiting for me to get home so I could send them. Believe me, if I could have fit the damn things in my Volvo and dropped them off from an out of state UPS Terminal I would have. I tried to keep as much contact with you as I could, but since my laptop is monitored and we can't go to any sites that are not deemed productive, I couldn't post on here. Because I have a POP3 email account which is on my home computer, and couldn't remember my password, I couldn't even reset it so I could log on from the hotel computer. I have been rather busy with work, which you knew about and said it was no rush, so when they extended my stay out of town I didn't think it was that big of a deal. This was all caused by your BOUNCING a payment, so quit trying to say I am the one to blame. You lied and tried telling people that you cancelled a payment after I asked you to send a m.o., that was not the case, it bounced, you DID NOT cancel it. I told you from the begining what was going on and you said o.k.. What I should have done was to tell you to forget it after it bounced because I KNEW my window for shipping these was small, but you seemed like a long time board member who liked these old truck, and I had made it a point to ensure you understood what was going on with my schedule. I'm not sure if in your world, everyone is a pony that eats rainbows and poops butterflys, but in the real world, you were completely out of line, not only with posting this thread, but the posting of my personal info. Have you ever thought about what kind of trouble you opened yourself, and possibly the site to by doing that? If someone had used my I.D., you would now be having a summons served and the site would be getting subpoenaed for all of the information involving the possible theft of my i.d.. You are either too arrogant to see that what you did was wrong, or you have the I.Q. of a powdered sugared donut. I don't have any crayons to draw you a picture, so let this timeline help you.

March 27th. You used BIN on Ebay.
March 31st You said the bank sent letter payment had bounced.
April 5th You sent m.o.
April 15th My wife informed me that a m.o. had arrived while I was out of town and I told her to deposit it and ask to be notified when it cleared.
April 30th My wife recieved notice in mail that m.o. had cleared
May 11th Paypal closes their investigation into the payment and withdraws money from my account. This while I was out of town again.
May 21st My wife forwards an email to my work account that you had sent and I replied asking you to give me a call on my work phone. I told you that as soon as I got home, they would go out. I was suppose to have the weekend off, but ended up being extended two more weeks because of the trainer getting ready to go out for 6 weeks for surgery and them wanting to finish up before. Since you said you were in no rush, I didn't give it a second thought about needing update you daily.
June 6th I get home and find that you have been slandering me and posting my personal info on the world wide web and I replied with the facts.

If you had used the buy it now and mailed a m.o. it would have gotten to me by the 7th of April and I could have mailed them to you before I started my new job. By YOU bouncing the payment, then having to send a m.o. it took way longer then expected, because of me waiting for the m.o. to clear and then Paypal having to pull the money out of my account. After the bounced payment I wasn't going to take any chances with you at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67/72junkie View Post
I bought the seats buy it now on the sat night 27th march.I went to the bank monday morning on the 29th and deposited the money.I sent payment with paypal on the 29th at 1 o clock after deposit cleared.Paypal sent the money on the 29th and acknowledged payment received.I received email and pm from you on the afternoon of the 31st after paypal sent saying not to send paypal that you had dispute with paypal saying that someone did not receive rims from you and paypal had taken money from your account.I replied that I would find out how to withdraw paypal payment and send money order as you requested.I had not used the account attached to my paypal in over a year and the bank had it closed and put the money in my savings.I received and overdraft of $35 but the bank refunded my money and reopened my account when they saw it was their error.I picked up postal money order on the monday 5th of april and mailed.I sent email to you on the 15th of april asking if you had received payment.You responded the same day saying you had the mo and would ship the seats next day that they were still boxed as received from Dennis.I asked you to go to paypal and refuse payment that I sent thru them so they would credit my money back to my account.I received credit the next day.I waited several weeks and sent you emails.On may 22nd I received email from you dated may 21st with ph # saying to call you. I did and you said call back later you were having dinner with family.I called back several times and got up with you on the 24th and you said you needed my address again and would ship the seat right out that they were in the back of your truck.I waited a week and tried to call back several times but always got voice mail.I called back on friday june the 4th and left voice mail stating that I would wait 1 week and then I was going to file charges for internet fraud.I finally received the seats on fri june 11th and the shipping date on them was monday june the 7th almost 2 months after you told me they would be in the mail the next day.They were not boxed just wrapped in plastic and had 73 up blazer mounts stuck between the seats not correct 72.I have receipt dated from postal mo I sent and shipping label from the seats showing date you shipped.As soon as I find out how to bring pm to this thread I will add dated pm received from you stating to send mo not paypal after payment was already made.I understand delays and am easy to work with but you just plain lied to me and ignored me.I will never deal with you again and would advise anyone else that this is the way you do business.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:43 PM   #16
laplander

Yes, I did send you a pm on the 31st about just sending a m.o.. this 67-72 site is my home page, so the first thing I did was to send you an email asking to be paid with m.o. instead of Paypal. As soon as I got done sending the pm, I checked my email and was notified of the payment. Since you were kind enough to BOUNCE the payment, I didn't have to worry about. Why don't you quit trying to deflect blame for you screwing up? By you bouncing that payment, it set off a whole chain of events that resulted in you getting your seats later than expected. But it was you who set it off you stupid nitwit.

Go away Donald, I am bored with both your stupidity and your lack of owning up to your short comings. Yes I was late in sending out the seats, but it was because of YOUR payment screw up.

Last edited by Liz; 06-15-2010 at 08:58 AM. Reason: edited language
Old 06-13-2010, 10:47 PM   #17
laplander

Donald, I just read your last post. I have NEVER been able to cash a m.o. at our local post office, that is why I just deposit them. And for your information, the banks DO NOT cash stuff on the spot. They told me that ANYTHING from out of state is subject to a 10business day hold. Plus, it didn't help matters when I had to call them and let them know that Paypal would be pulling money out of my account because of your previous payment bouncing.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:29 AM   #18
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

Your paypal was screwed up because they had a complaint against you for not shipping a set of rims after you had been payed. when you did not provide tracking # they took the money from your account.Paypal made the payment from me into your account on the 31st of march.I went to the bank and cleared up my problem with the bank and they made my account right.Paypal credited your account with the funds from the 31st on.I sent you email on the 15 of april 10 days after I mailed the mo to see if it had arrived .You sent email back stating you had it and would ship the seats the next day.I ask you to refuse payment from paypal so that would be credited back to my paypal or they would have to file complaint against you in order for me to have it done and would leave you negative feed back.It was credited back that night when I checked.I could not get contact # from ebay because they removed you as a member for some reason.after that email on the 15th I didn't here from you again until the email dated 21st may with phone #I called and you said you were out to dinner with your family to call back later.I called several times and got up with you on the 24th may.You said you needed my address that the seats were in the back of your truck and you would ship right out.You had my address from pm,email,paypal and the letter with the mo but you need it 2 months later.the post office is federal and any post office will cash a postal mo on the spot.walmart will charge you $3 but they will cash a postal mo on the spot.I live in NC and deposited $500 credit union mo from joshua on thurs afternoon and it was available for with drawl the next morning on fri when I deposited my pay check and it was from alabama. Out of town or having sunday dinner with family as you told me?I have my seats and that is all that matters to me now.If you had said it will be awhile before I get a chance to ship the seats I would not have worried.You did not do what you said and that got me worried and then you did it again and worried me more.For anyone who cares or might want to deal with Nik Pm me your email address and I will forward you the emails he sent me and a copy of the receipt I have where I paid $5 at the post office for inquiry on the mo in case I had to file mail fraud claim.It has the date it was cashed ,the date bought and mailed.Judge for yourself.I may be a %#$ but you are a bald faced liar and I have pm and email from you to prove it along with postal inquiry.

Last edited by 67/72junkie; 06-14-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:22 AM   #19
laplander

Not that I need to explain anything to a wingnut like yourself, I'm going to anyway. Paypal sent me a notice of a chargeback which happens when the buyer files a notice with their credit card company. The moron did it because they were the wrong backspacing and I would not refund his money since he didn't even know his own fitment needs. He waited for two and a half months and tried saying he didn't get them thinking I wouldn't have his tracking info. It took me a little while but I was able to dig it up and get it reversed. After I complained to eBay about that policy and to Paypal with it falling on deaf ears, I decided not to use them anymore. If you'll remember, I still had an open account to credit you back with. I just will not do business with a place that offers that little of protection for me as a seller. Not that that is relevant to our deal, but since you think you are getting back at me by saying one side of it, much like this whole stupid thread, so be it.

The reason I asked for your address Donald, was because I was OUT OF TOWN and wanted to run in, switch vehicles and get them dropped off, as it was going to be cutting it close on the closing time. So rather then sort thru a thousand or more emails to find yours, I told you to resend it to me. This was all started with insufficent funds in your account, not by me. If Paypal credited your account that quick, great, but it sure took longer on this end. Plus, it took 19 DAYS for me to actually get your payment in the mail, cause after you bounced the first one, you didn't even send it via priority, just regular old mail. Like I said, with me telling the bank about the reversal that was going to come thru because of your bouncing the payment, I'm sure that might have had something to do with it. And you keep conveniently forgetting that I told you by that time I WAS OUT OF STATE TRAINING and would have to wait till I could get back home to send them.You keep trying to make out like you were wronged when this started with you screwing up your payment and making it drag on into the time I was out of state training. The first 6 weeks are all on you big boy, the last two are on me because I was out of town with work, which I told you about up front. If you had gotten payment to me before I left and hadn't bounced the first one, THIS WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED.

Where are the Crayons when you need them....... since you can't seem to think for yourself I guess I better explain it more clearly. I was having dinner with my family when they came up to see me since I wasn't going to be able to come home that Sunday. Why I keep having to explain myself to someone who's screw up started this whole thing is beyond me..................

You have wasted more of my time than any deal I have ever had, and made yourself look like a fool in the process. Go away and don't bother me again.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #20
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

Once more why did you have to reverse payment? Because paypal deposited the money into your account on march 31st.I deposited cash and sent the next day after it show up on the computer as being in my account.I received confirmation from paypal payment sent.I logged onto board to inform you payment was sent.When I did I had pm from you stating not to send payment via paypal as you were having problems with them.I replied and sent pm stating I had already sent paypal and would see if I could withdraw it.I couldn't find anyway to with draw it without filing claim and sent you pm stating such.2 days later I received bank letter stating payment refused and $35 overdraft charge.I sent you pm stating the bank had screwed up and refused payment and I would pick up mo.I went to the bank with deposit slip to find out problem.Their computer showed my account closed due to sitting idle with zero balance for over 6 month.They had transfered the deposit to my savings.The manager agreed that they should not have made the deposit into the account in the first place if closed and let the money show up online as being there.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #21
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

He reinstated the account with the deposit I had made in full and apologized for the inconvenience.I went home and contacted paypal via phone and was informed that payment was made to you on march 31st and in your account.they would resubmit to my bank for their funds.I had to wait until monday after getting paid to pick up mo as my deposit had to stay in the bank to cover paypal when resubmitted.I sent mo on april 5th.I contacted you april the 15th after 10 days.You had to transfer the funds from your paypal to bank account.Why do this after you told me to send mo and have to transfer back when you knew I had sent mo as you requested. you are contradicting yourself by admitting you transfered the funds to the bank after telling me you were having problems to send mo.In a nut shell some jerk made a claim against you and paypal withdrew funds from your account and screwed it up.The funds I sent were deposited in your account after lunch on the 2nd business day after I hit buy now.I then sent you mo because you had paypal problem not because I bounced payment.You then transfered the paypal payment to your bank account knowing the mo had been sent at your request.Then you claim it takes 10 days for postal mo to clear bank.I'm sure most members here know how paypal works and postal mo.the only thing that makes me look foolish is the fact that I went ahead and sent mo after paypal had confirmed payment.I forwarded the dated pm you sent me requesting mo after paypal was made to the moderator to prove I am stating the facts.ps I'm not bothering you I am using this section of the board for its intended purpose to inform other members of how our deal went.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #22
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

I did receive my seats from Nik and am happy with the seat cores.He did neglect to tell me that he was sending 73 up blazer mounts and this also would not have bothered me much if he had informed me due to the buying price.I paid $250 plus $80 shipping for them.I received the seats 72 days after I had paypal payment confirmation.And 57 days after his email acknowledging receipt of mo.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #23
sharpie1972
Account Suspended

Glad you got the seats! Sharpie
sharpie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:19 AM   #24
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I am seriously glad I was away this weekend.. the posting manner is giving me a headache.

USE PARAGRAPHS if I am suppose to wade through and sort things out. If not, then why pm me ?

Anyway.. a few points

MO postal or not CAN take time to clear depending on the account. Though most times my bank will cash one instantly, if I deposit it, the funds are not readily available.

I have never lived anywhere outside of Fayetteville, Sanford etc that grocery stores and business's cashed MO's. Even in the same state, where we are now, if I walked in the local grocer and handed them a money order, they would send me on my way.. I know its common in some places, but unheard of in others.

The only part I am not understanding is the whole paypal part. If the funds were sent via paypal and cleared, then where did the refund/bounce issues come in. I know it was stated a few times above.. but as said, its hard to read and make sense of.

IMHO if a part was sold and paid for then someone should be available to ship them. If it was stated that training was involved, then slow ship is understandable to a point. Perhaps UPS could had done a pickup on the item? Or they could had been ready to go on a weekend you were in, and a friend help ship them?

Just not real sure on what all happened above. Sounds like a series of mishaps on both parties sides from what is posted.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #25
laplander

The Paypal bounce/refund thing comes into play after he sent payment. Paypal does not instantly withdraw the money out of your account when you send payment that it is linked to your checking account, even though you have instant access to it. When you pay via credit card with paypal, then it goes thru instantly, but not with checking. So after he sent payment with Paypal, I withdrew the money into my account. Then he notifed me that the bank returned the charge from Paypal for insufficient funds. Then he mailed a m.o. that I got on the 15th. Then it was deposited and the bank was aked to notify me when it cleared. During this time Paypal does an investigation into the payment that was returned. Paypal notifed me on the 23rd that yes, it had bounced, they had investigated and that was all they could do since I never sent them the tracking info, which is what Donald asked me to do. Then they notifed me that they were going to have to debit my checking account, because the money that he had originally sent me thru them, I had deposited into my bank account. So then the m.o. cleared and they withdrew the money from my checking, back into the Paypal account to bring it up to zero. Once he had sent me notice that his payment from Paypal had bounced, I wasn't going to do anything until all of this was squared away, because if I had shipped these seats after Paypal had done their investigation and the m.o. turned out to be fraudulent, then I would have been completely SOL.

Paypal works at their own lesiurely pace and they play by their own rules, if I could have figured out a way to have sped this whole headache up, believe me, I would have. The last two weeks of the delay were my fault because of being asked to stay longer and get training finished up, but the first 6 weeks were eaten up by dealing with the payment mess. In hindsight, what I should have done was just cancelled the deal once he notifed me of the payment bouncing because this has been the biggest headache I have ever had. My biggest beef with this was him blasting me on here, but failing to mention ANYTHING about the bounced payment, and then having the nads to post my personal information on here. There are certain lines you do not cross, and to me, he crossed them by pulling that stunt.

When the part was sold, I was available for shipping, but it was 19 days after the auction that the m.o. arrived and then I had to wait to make sure that thing cleared, because Paypal was going to debit that back out of my account, because his original payment was turned away at his bank, even though I was able to deposit it in mine.

Think of it this way...............

Say I wrote you a $500.00 check for something, you deposited it and wrote a check for that amount to someone else. Then I call you and say that check is no good. Now it is going to take a while to go between the two banks, but when my check is finally turned away, you are in the negative and the check you wrote is going to bounce as well. Then I send you a m.o. to cover it. Are you going to immediately think it's over and done with, or are you going to make sure it clears before you send me my item? Same thing here, only with Paypal, it takes longer............