The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #26
ratrod67

Re: Screwed

Another week and still no steering wheel or refund.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #27
68chevyfuelie

I filed a dispute on the 8th of June with Paypal, and then escalated it to a clam on the 15th. No response from seller. Frustrating, to say the least....
Old 06-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #28
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

post a phone # and addy for Mr. charles ratcliff..if hes close I'll go get your wheel or $$$ this is crap!!!

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Old 06-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #29
nplocoman
never finish start another

He posted on paypal on the 4th of june, he would ship on the 7th of june. Nothing yet. I have escalated to a claim.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #30
michael bustamante

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970shortbed View Post
that sucks when that happens i had done many dealings on site with no issues then i sold a part to a guy on faith that he would pay and never heard rom him again and it was a pretty expensive part it was a edge turner with all the extras

hope u get ur parts man
this just happened to me the other day I sent a crossmember to Member "ratfink" (appropiate name) on goodfaith as he said he was moving and sent a money gram. put the part in the fed ex mail, went to wal mart for the money gram and no money, tried contacting member about this several times and no nothing!!
Old 06-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #31
michael bustamante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrucks View Post
post a phone # and addy for Mr. charles ratcliff..if hes close I'll go get your wheel or $$$ this is crap!!!
Ill bet this is the same guy that burned me! his new sign on was rat fink and he said his name was charles, sounded about 20 years old and said he was moving to florida or to georgia, one of the 2
and his last sign on under this name was on the 19th

Last edited by michael bustamante; 06-17-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #32
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

He was in florida and moving to Elizabethton TN if I remember right.He bought small block engine stands from me and said he was getting crossmember from another board member.He sent moneygram for stands but didn't include the shipping charges.I was nice and said I'll eat the shipping so you can get your engine in and get moved back home.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #33
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

I don't know about this board but on my boat racing board if you don't get an issue resolved you end up with a local knocking on your door..I had a guy get my $600 gear box back from a guy in Jersy and I picked up a cowl in Vt for a guy....

charity starts at home...we can police ourself pretty good ..

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Old 06-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #34
michael bustamante

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67/72junkie View Post
He was in florida and moving to Elizabethton TN if I remember right.He bought small block engine stands from me and said he was getting crossmember from another board member.He sent moneygram for stands but didn't include the shipping charges.I was nice and said I'll eat the shipping so you can get your engine in and get moved back home.
That was me I shipped a auto trans crossmember in good faith. Do you have the money gram info so I can try again? All I had was his first name and the number he gave me is no good anymore, (probably a trac fone) if you do Id appreciate the info in a pm if necessary
Old 06-17-2010, 07:50 PM   #35
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

Michael,the night he contacted me about the engine stands he said he had to send a western union to another member and would send mine at the same time.I went to foodlion where we have western union.When I give her the confirmation # it had to many #s she suggested I go to walmart that the #s seemed to be a moneygram. walmart missed it at first because the amount was wrong but when they double checked they found it.His name was Charles Ratcliff and if I remember right he was staying in pomona beach fl.I have shipped and received alot of packages in the last month but I will try to hunt down any info I can for you. I have a box full of postal receipts I will go thru and see what I can find.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #36
michael bustamante

I appreciate that junkie, he said he put 50 in money gram for me (conveniently forgot the ship charges as well) Ill try again tonight and thak you!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #37
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

uhm... guys if he is here under different names. Ya'll could PM and let us know, so that we can deal with it.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #38
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Ok I believe you are talking about two separate people. The issue is, to help any of you all we need facts.

I know the OP pmd me info. The rest I am unsure of. Please post a link to the thread in which your deals were made. As well as any other pertinent info, such as payment sent info, claims filed etc.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:23 PM   #39
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrucks View Post
against site rules to post personal info on anyone.. bad deal or not. Tone the testosterone down a bit and let the local authorities deal with it.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #40
michael bustamante

liz it sounds like were talking abou the same guy here. if you look up ratfink13 and look at his threads, youll see where I contacted him, also If you like I think i still have some of the pm`s I can fowe=ward you
Old 06-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #41
nplocoman

Wow! I don,t feel so all alone now!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #42
68chevyfuelie

The worst part, for me anyways, is losing a little trust of fellow board members. I'm comfortable buying from a lot of guys, but after this my list might stay the same length. Which sucks, because if I'm trying to sell stuff I want people to take a chance on me. Even this week I had to think long and hard about committing fully to paying full pop for some stuff, but after I did so both board members stayed in complete contact, provided tracking numbers, etc. etc. etc. It seems 99%, or at least 95% of people on here are good ol' boys, and are great to deal with. Another board member trying to help me out referred me to pirate4x4.com (am I allowed to mention them?), and at the bottom of there forum page they had a "Bad Member" list...with nobody listed. Might be an idea for here, kind of like a Bad Deal section, but more on the front page, warning people who to stay away from. (I hope I don't make the list...)
Old 06-17-2010, 09:58 PM   #43
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael bustamante View Post
liz it sounds like were talking abou the same guy here. if you look up ratfink13 and look at his threads, youll see where I contacted him, also If you like I think i still have some of the pm`s I can fowe=ward you
PMs would help If you could fwd what you feel could help, I would appreciate it.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #44
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

Michael,You and I are talking about the same guy ratfink13 but it is not charles ratcliff. His name is charles but different last name.I will pm you correct info and you should check on money gram under the name and address.He was young and did seem like a nice guy over the phone.Info I gave about Fl and moving to Tn was correct.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #45
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Hopefully his deal is just a moving issue. We all know that can be a biotch. I also hope CR is doing ok. No it is not ok to not ship etc.. but lets hope his health is ok also. Yall keep us updated.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #46
nplocoman

Liz,
I think this is a moving deal alright. Rite out of the country! He lied to me twice about shipping.
Can you make a new heading in the info section about "bad deals"? I did not know this section was here until my thread got moved and then had to look for it. A little more visibility may prevent some of this. It may help with the name changes etc. I am still mad. I just got burnt on ebay as well. This is just going to get worse. Money is not easy these days. You will want your money for membership dues as well. So now you can lecture me all you want. I will take it and be quiet.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #47
ratrod67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratrod67 View Post
Another week and still no steering wheel or refund.

Another week gone by.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #48
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nplocoman View Post
Liz,
You will want your money for membership dues as well. So now you can lecture me all you want. I will take it and be quiet.
This area is listed on the main site index. Your thread had a clickable redirect that takes you right to it, when it was moved.
I did not take your money, nor your parts.. Nor will I put up with you going off on me due to a bad deal.. I don't "want" your money for anything. Your reply is not worth a lecture.. and at this point you can contact the local authorities. The sellers account has been suspended, which closes any communication we have with him on a site level.
Closed Thread