The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-26-2018, 02:26 PM   #1
bummer666

Help passlock fuelpump locked out!!!

Hi forum i need help bad!!!

Ok i have a 2001 silverado 1500 ls 5.3l v8 and i tried to program a aftermarket fob with no luck i read some where online that my keyless entery receiver might not be working so today i went to my local pick n pull and got a receiver out of a 2000 chevy 1500 i came home took dash apart un hooked the exsiting receiver took it out and put the other one from junk yard in. Put evert thing back together tryed to program fob and nothing just like the stock one!! So i figured oh well it's not gonna work so i started my truck and after a couple seconds truck sputterd and died!!! I started it again and it died!! Now it wont start at all!! This has never ever happend to me in this truck!! So i thought it has to be the receiver from junk yard so i took dash apart again and put the original receiver back in! And my truck still wont start!!!! I tried the relearn program, were you put key in the on/run for 10 mins turn off for 10 sec, then on/run for 10 mins then off again for 10 sec then on again for 10 mins then off 10 sec then try to start and it just turns over and over no start!!! The truck ran perfectly that day and always has till i changed out the keyless entery receiver please can any one please help!! Thank you so much for any help!!
bummer666 is offline   Reply With Quote