The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #1
WIDESIDE72

Best cam for Vortec in a K2500

I recently bought a 93 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 with a blown 350. I swsapped a 97 Vortec into it, mainly because I already had the engine (used with 70k miles). My brother gave me an LT4 (not LT4 Hot, just LT4) cam that he bought for his 94 Impala SS but never installed. I installed this cam along with Comp Cams beehive springs, Crane 1.6 roller rockers, Crusader TBI to Vortec intake, custom chip, headers, bored TBI, etc.

Long story short, I spun three of five main bearings plling my travel trailer (only a 21 footer). I think I over revved it, as it didnt make mch power.

I now have a rebuilt 350 Vortec short block to put in it, and have to decide about going with the LT4 Cam, stock Vortec cam (L31?) or aftermarket... I ned a torque cam. THe LT4 cam didnt seem to have much torque, but I never drove the truck with the stock 350 TBI, so I have no bass for comparison...

Brian at TBIchips.com that sold me the custon chip said that the LT4 cam was the best torque cam ...???
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote