The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
kdog1974

Looking for '67 locking hubs...

First time on, so if I'm posting this thread in the wrong place, I apologize, guys.

I'm looking for a set of locking hubs for my 1967 C-10/30, .283 4x4 pickup. I'm about 95% done with the restoration of my grandfather's truck, but can't find factory hubs for it. The front driver's side is beat, but the passenger is fine. I know I'll need to buy them in a set, but just finding a set that were factory is next to impossible thusfar. I'm trying to keep everything as close to stock as I can to protect the truck's integrity, so Ware and Mile Marker aren't an option for me. (I'm so dead-set on stock integrity that I refuse to use anyone that can't re-upholster the bench seat to the factory look.)

Also, I'm looking at tires, and I'm not curious what anyone would recommend. With the new leafs on I have about a 9" clearance (up from about 6" - she was sagging). Any suggestions there would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at some BF Goodrich and some Goodyears, but dang, aren't tires expensive for anything over 31"!? I'm using the factory rims (blasted and repainted), so whatever I buy has to fit the factory rims.

If any of you guys can help with this part or my other woes, gimme a shout.

Thanks,

Kelton
kdog1974 is offline   Reply With Quote